For religious types

I think the really frightening thing is the very high percentage of Americans who believe in all the blurb.

Sponsored Links
Many religions have the heaven/hell basis as a similar theme so I don't think you can just single out the moslem faith.

I think all religions are ridiculous, though the moslem idea of heaven seems to me like something a juvenile would dream up.

Susiejb said:
what a self satisfied, ignorant, selfish lot they would be..... the chosen few

Absolutely right! Jesus went out of his way to invite everybody in (except money lenders of course :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ) and, from what little I remember from RI lessons, that's what got him crucified. :( :( :( I'm not sure what Muhammad had to say on this subject (where's IronNaz when you need him?) though I've heard that one of the founding principles of Islam is compassion for your fellow man.

Whatever faith you claim to be, this 'we're the only ones allowed in' attitude is downright arrogant and, if I was God, I would keep them out! :mad: :mad: :mad:

True Space cat......and how could you be happy in heaven if you knew that your son/daughter husband/wife etc. was a non-believer and were in hell, it would be impossible :cry:

Also, surely it is a bit pointless creating us in the first place if he knew that most of us would end up in hell :evil:

IF there is a god who created the heavens and earth then I have huge respect for him, I am thankful to him for all that I have....I don't need religion to know how to be nice, kind, and loving. I know I can also be unkind and horrible (hopefully not too often) .....it is human nature....I accept that. It is how god made me,and I am sure that this huge god is also capable of accepting me just the way I am :) :)

Sponsored Links
Why does God bother creating anything when he knows how it will all pan out anyway? What a load of cobblers. Why does anyone want to follow the ramblings of a Bronze Age book? It's laughable. :p :p :p

sooey said:
-- the very high percentage of Americans who believe in all the blurb

I think they're called Republicans. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Actually, I shouldn't laugh because American politics isn't like ours. What is the difference between a democracy and a republic? A democracy may or may not be a republic and vice versa. :confused: :confused: :confused: I remember an American who appeared on the panel of Question Time who said "I've been all over Europe and you're all Democrats." I didn't realize what he was saying at the time but it makes sense now. We really don't have many Christian fundamentalists on our side of the 'pond'. :) :) :)

Religion has far too much exposure.... far too much !!! it should be a personal choice, like if you're into painting and go to an art class, or a gilbert and Sulliven society thing...

But religion is up there, in your face, dividing people... faith schools are a nonsence....

And describing people as muslims is so overused... it's used to describe people with the typical Indian look..... but Indians can be Sikhs or even Christians if they desire.... Indians are Asians.... and so are the Chinese, yet we don't call them muslims !!! it's all a mess.

We should devise a new system and all agree to describe people regionally for news items, and by religion if the topic needs it.

Keep religion to yourselves..... like your sexual preferences ;)

As far as I'm concerned, there is no after-life, or at least it will not be like this life.It won't be like waking up every morning getting in the car and going down the shops etc....

But, if it is (for example) being able to re-experience the good things you have done in this life, I can't see a problem having to suffer that for an eternity.

imamartian said:
Good job you're not French though !!

It took me a while to work that out. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: What's more, my French is so bad I had to look these up:

Lundi :)
Mardi :unsure:
Mercredi :(
Jeudi :cry:
Vendredi :!:
Samedi
cloud9.gif

Dimanche :D

Sponsored Links
Back