Forbes ranks the UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as the best place to do business in 2018

Forbes analysed 153 countries for its 12th annual " best countries for business" survey

this is the 1st time the UK has topped the list . The UK did particularily well on technology readiness & the size and education of its work force

:cool::cool:

Sponsored Links
as the best place to do business in 2018

Forbes analysed 153 countries for its 12th annual " best countries for business" survey

this is the 1st time the UK has topped the list . The UK did particularily well on technology readiness & the size and education of its work force

:cool::cool:

I wonder what number Venezuala is! :sneaky:

:rolleyes: dunno they may not have even been in the survey ?:)

Chad & Gambia came last

New Zealand , Netherlands & sweden came 2nd , 3rd and 4th

Canada was 5th

Sponsored Links
'despite Brexit' . . . . . . as the BBC will no doubt add.

companies do not move to a country with uncertainty and high employment as that reduces there profits
they will take a risk if the rewards are likely to be greater than potential downside
they will come here because employment protection is poor wages are poor and availability off copious cheap labour from all over the eu will help keep wages down
ooo and the uk government subsidize poor wages and allow multinationals not to pay there fair share off taxes or even be at all philanthropic towards there employees

Last edited:
Criteria that Forbes used:

15 different factors: property rights, innovation, taxes, technology, corruption, infrastructure, market size, political risk, quality of life, workforce, freedom (personal, trade and monetary), red tape and investor protection.

The Uk Government has demanded total secrecy in its free trade deal talks with the USA

both side have agreed that there talks will be classified as either sensitive or confidential and info will only be shared among approved individuals.

Last edited:
The Guardian does that as well. Every single article has some swipe at Brexit; if the weather changes, it's the fault of Brexit.
Can you post a link to every single article today that has a swipe at Brexit, I read some this morning in Booths cafe as it was the only paper left in the tray, I do not recall any such thing

Sponsored Links
Back