ford fiesta 09 plate lighting question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Ive borrowed my mates 2009 ford fiesta for the week and he informed me that his right brake lights were not working and could i change the lamps/lamp for him.Further investigation found if the light switch was kept in automatic both left and right brake lights came on,although putting the switch into manual ,when the brake was pressed only the left brake light came on.
I may have missed something here.As i have not had a ford for a few years i dont understand this at all.

Help appreciated.

Thanks.
NeilC

Sponsored Links
Could you explain what you mean by 'keeping the light switch in automatic', please?
If its what I think you mean, then one of the lamp clusters has an earth fault.
John :)

The lighting switch just right of the steering column has four positions,off-sidelights - main headlamps-then automatic ,switch means if its getting dark they come on themselves.
The switch is left in the auto position when i have used the car.

I was thinking the brake lights should be separate to this system as you should not be able to turn them on/off.

Looking at the manual the brake light on a fiesta 09 is the top lamp ,there is 3 of them in a pull out unit.
The top lamp the book descibes as tail and brake.

You could be right it could be a fault!!!!

Further to the message ive just pressed the open button on the key,the car opened and both the brake lights came on.Car is at standstill with handbrake on.We took off hand brake started engine and only the left brake light came on.This is definately a fault.

You were correct thanks.[/u]

Sponsored Links
Back