1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Ford Focus central locking

Discussion in 'Car Repairs / Maintenance' started by Phil J, 19 Feb 2006.

1. erkaeric

erkaeric

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    have you tried disconecting the battery for 20 mins should reset all locks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. skullster

skullster

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi My son has just purchased a focus 2005 1.6 estate and the remote locking does not work. The car opens and locks correctly on the key but the ignition needs to be turned quickly to prevent the alarm from going off. We have re=programmed the fob, as per instructuions in this thread and everything indicated this had worked. (bings and bongs) However the car still refuses to open or lock with the fob. This is the new model focus and the fuse box is different and we cannot locate a siemens box to disconnect. The owners manual was missing. Can any tell us the equivalent to fuse 63 and where the remote sensor box is located? Is there another trick on this model to reset the remote locking?

4. rickf1

rickf1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I own a 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 and I just noticed that when I lock my doors with the remote it works fine with 3 of the doors but not with one of the back doors, its just doesn't do anything. I tried locking it by hand from the inside and the lock button is really hard and it won't move and i feel like I'll brake it if I push it too hard. I don't know how to fix this without having to take the car to the mechanic.

thanks

5. MuseEngland

MuseEngland

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Everyone :)

I have a Ford Focus 2007 1.8TDCi and have the following problem:

I got out of the car one day and (out of habit) tried to dead lock the car using the remote control. Only problem is that my friend was still in the car and she was trying to open the passenger side door at EXACTLY the same time as i was locking the car. Needless to say, she could not get out. The little locking lever on the inside of the passenger door was stuck in the locked position. The remote opened all other doors but not that one.

If i sit in the car and try to lock all the doors using the lock button on the drivers side door, no doors lock.

When i unlock the driver side door (from the inside) using the small lever on the drivers side door, all the doors make a clicking sound as if unlocking (but they never locked in the first place).

If i sit in the car and press the remote control to unlock the doors whilst at the same time, pulling slightly on the little locking lever on the passenger side door, i can feel it give and the passenger side door unlocks and can be opened.

If i then lock the car normally using the remote, ALL doors lock including the passenger side front one.

So the problem is:

1. Front passenger side door won't unlock with remote or manually unless i use the method described above.

2. Central locking of all doors from the drivers side door no longer works.

I am guess that the cable or plastic holding the cable near the locking mechanism is damaged....

Any ideas anyone ?

BTW, I did take it to Ford who said it would cost £75 +VAT per hour to check it over and they might damage the panel getting it off ! Luckily I took off the panel after I found out how to unlock the door manually.

Also, whilst I am here... the unlock button on the remote almost always needs pressing a few times before the car unlocks. All other buttons on the remote work fine first time. Any fixes for this would also be appreciated.

6. CoventryMick44

CoventryMick44

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    :D Disconnecting the Siemens box worked beautifully for me.

7. pedroballin

pedroballin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you so much, I tired changing the fuse, key battery etc nothing worked, and then just a bit of spray grease and its all sorted!! Cheers

8. AdamGwilliam

AdamGwilliam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Wondered if anyone can help. I found that the fuse was blown for central lock so replaced. After replacing all seemed ok until pressing boot release button. I have unplugged rear motor and still blowing fuses when pressing boot realise. I'm guessing this is going to be a fault further back in the wiring.?

9. AlanE

AlanE

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If the boot release is on the actual boot lid, as distinct from the body, check the wiring between body and moving part as wires will often fatigue here.

10. Sponsored Links
  11. novicey

novicey

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all
    Same issue with my focus. Any advice welcome.
    I changed the fob battery reprogrammed it using the ignition tecinque seemed to work straightaway only then for the fob to stop working after pressing the buttons a few times.
    So I removed the cables from the seimens box waited an hour and still no joy. Tried changing battery again and reprogramming but still nothing. Only thing I haven't tried is changing the fuse but reluctant to do so after reading other posts!

12. Brian Catt

Brian Catt

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Focus Mk 1 2001. I tried disconnecting the CL unit for one hour. No change. Then the I to II and back ti I ignition switch move 4 times procedure. Worked perfectly as advertised. Thanks.

Background. I had tried the disconnect first becaue the same process worked with my old SAAB 9000 Aero. Unsure why. It doesn't last BTW so probaly the actual relays. My SAAB 9000 has its remote CL control box in a very simiar location. My old Rover 220 had its remote actuated security system here, probaly the door CL stuff as well. BTW the relays in the SAAB box are from .... Siemens. So they probably make the box as well.

13. The Bean

The Bean

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Changed the battery then did the position 1 and 2 on the ignition like Steve said as mine stopped working, works a treat now. Cheers Steve

14. tito35

tito35

Thanks Received:
    United States
    I cannot find on my car

15. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    That's just worked for me. (y)

16. B1llyc

B1llyc

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello.
    Could anyone give me the location of the siemens box for central locking remote unit that's inside car.
    I have . looked all over inside of car for this siemens box thing and I cannot locate it. The car i have is a ford focus 1.8 tdci. The year is 06 plate.
    I have had fuse box out. From under passenger side.
    I have checked under bonnet.
    I have taken plastic trim off under steering wheel. Where fault code reader plugs in. Bit I cannot locate this siemens box.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

17. Mr. Bo

Mr. Bo

Thanks Received:
    Denmark
    I have a 2008 1.6 Tdci were the remote key has stopped working. Central locking is fine on all doors when I use the key in the lock. I have been searching for Fuse 63 and the Siemens control box, but I have not been able to locate either. My car has the steering wheel in the left side, and glowe compartment in right side. Fuse box is below the glowe box in right side, but there is no Fuse on the "back". All fuses is on the front. I have removed some of the plastic trim to find the Siemens box, but no luck. If anyone has any pointers plz. let me know.
    Thanks
    Bo

Attached Files: