Forget about Rooney?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why? Because there is such a load of silly hype about whether he will play or not that if he doesn't there will be a huge psychological anti-climax.

Why didn't they just say that he wouldn't play and hope that in private he came good?

Even if he does play he'll be way off match fitness.

But worst of all, is that he will be the target of every hatchet man in the game. It seems that the whole of our World Cup hopes are pinned on one injured player. Knobble Rooney - beat England.

Will he be more of a liability than an asset?

He's a great player, that is without dispute, but maybe this World Cup isn't going to be his.

What are your thoughts?

joe

Sponsored Links
he will play, never doubted it for a minute but england have got an excuse prepared ;)

joe-90 said:
Why? Because there is such a load of silly hype about whether he will play or not that if he doesn't there will be a huge psychological anti-climax.

Why didn't they just say that he wouldn't play and hope that in private he came good?

Even if he does play he'll be way off match fitness.

But worst of all, is that he will be the target of every hatchet man in the game. It seems that the whole of our World Cup hopes are pinned on one injured player. Knobble Rooney - beat England.

Will he be more of a liability than an asset?

He's a great player, that is without dispute, but maybe this World Cup isn't going to be his.

What are your thoughts?

joe

If the other teams box Roo then that gives us the advantage. It's a win, win situation

Sponsored Links
Although I am a Liverpool supporter, I have always admired Rooney even when he played for Everton, who knows what is going through the Swedes mind at the moment, he has already made some mistakes, not taking Defoe, taking Owen off against Paraguay, do I need to go on.
Anyway lets not forget who pays his wages, (and a good one at that) Man Utd have more to lose if he gets crocked and the only person who has spoken any sense in all this matter is Ferguson, if Rooney had his leg amputated, Sven, Fifa , the FA would still have taken him regardless of what Ferguson or Utd think.
I do agree that he cannot possibly be match fit but we will soon see tonight if he plays.
I just hope for his sake its all worth it.

Come on England!!!

Well, I must warn you all: all countries who have Dutch trainers scored points (3 won, 1 draw) ;) at the first game
So England might be lucky and draw against Trinidad

WoodYouLike said:
Well, I must warn you all: all countries who have Dutch trainers

Dutch trainers are called 'clogs'.

joe

Shall I throw one? and see how you like it?

Just check the stats:
Dutch Team (Van Basten) won = 3
Trinidad - Tobago (Beenhakker) draw = 1
Australia (good old Hiddink) won = 3
South Korea (Advokaat - took over from Hiddink) won = 3

Sponsored Links
Back