Forum Update

Agreed it could be more prominent, I will look to improve this.

Have you made it so hovering over them makes them more prominent?

Why?
Why not make it so they are as visible without the need to hover over them and reduce the mouse movement we need to do in order to decide if we want to read a discussion?

Sponsored Links
The difference in brightness of the read/unread threads is insufficient.

And I second the point above about the thanks/like buttons - it's hard to do on a phone and needs two separate buttons.

Still often deletes the last letter in a word or changes it for a capital letter when I punctuate. iPad Pro using the latest IOS.

Still often deletes the last letter in a word or changes it for a capital letter when I punctuate. iPad Pro using the latest IOS.
This is still happening - any ideas mod?

Sponsored Links
For some unknown reason, although trivial, when viewing a post, it will display likes and thanks from members, but then it states and deleted member, but when you click the list of people it states they’re regular members, so not deleted?

Edit: added some screenshots to help understand better.

Attachments

• 38673356-D951-497C-A4FE-F898B2340020.jpeg
    38673356-D951-497C-A4FE-F898B2340020.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 199
  • BD277FA1-7333-4FCD-9573-10282B5BDB55.jpeg
    BD277FA1-7333-4FCD-9573-10282B5BDB55.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Some of have noticed that PMs that we have received have disappeared.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Still doing it. Also, when deleting sentences by pressing and holding the delete key, it initially deletes individual letters but instead of speeding up by going on to delete whole words, it slows down tenfold requiring me to release the delete key then press again every couple of words. Only does it on this forum and nowhere else so definitely not my iPad.

Still doing it. Also, when deleting sentences by pressing and holding the delete key, it initially deletes individual letters but instead of speeding up by going on to delete whole words, it slows down tenfold requiring me to release the delete key then press again every couple of words. Only does it on this forum and nowhere else so definitely not my iPad.

I might be wrong, but that does sound like an iPad issue.

I don't think that the webserver has anything to do with the deleting of text in posts. That said, maybe it is javascript related, however, I just used Chrome on my android and deleting text was fine. Javascript is executed on the device in use rather than at the server.

Are you using safari? does it happen if you use a different browser on your ipad?

My latest one, is I’ve read a post and the notification blue dot states I haven’t :cautious: I can’t remember if i put this, but it’s also stating I’ve read posts when I haven’t:LOL:

I might be wrong, but that does sound like an iPad issue.

I don't think that the webserver has anything to do with the deleting of text in posts. That said, maybe it is javascript related, however, I just used Chrome on my android and deleting text was fine. Javascript is executed on the device in use rather than at the server.

Are you using safari? does it happen if you use a different browser on your ipad?
Yep, it’s Safari! Tried it on Chrome and seems okay. (y)

Some of have noticed that PMs that we have received have disappeared.
PMs are not routinely deleted. From a user perspective you can only leave a conversation, and if everyone leaves the PM is removed. Moderators do not remove or have access to PMs either. So do you have some more details I could look into e.g. 2 users that had a PM that had disappeared and a rough indication of when this took place? Thanks

PMs are not routinely deleted. From a user perspective you can only leave a conversation, and if everyone leaves the PM is removed. Moderators do not remove or have access to PMs either. So do you have some more details I could look into e.g. 2 users that had a PM that had disappeared and a rough indication of when this took place? Thanks

Ahh.. I didn't know that they are deleted when someone closes their account. Many thanks.

That said @JobAndKnock mentioned that he could no longer access a PM that I had sent him. To be honest, I can't remember the PM in question- I might have been tipsy when I sent it. Hopefully he can provide more info. My ability to forget things is directly proportional to my consumption of Kronenbourg...

That said @JobAndKnock mentioned that he could no longer access a PM that I had sent him. To be honest, I can't remember the PM in question- I might have been tipsy when I sent it. Hopefully he can provide more info. My ability to forget things is directly proportional to my consumption of Kronenbourg...
Of bigger concern is that I find I cannot send PMs to @opps. That and my ability to add a strapline to my posts. I have contacted the mods about this already, but there was no response. Nada.

Of bigger concern is that I find I cannot send PMs to @opps. That and my ability to add a strapline to my posts. I have contacted the mods about this already, but there was no response. Nada.

I did receive the PM where you asked me if I was blocking you though. Are you saying that the issue is intermittent (ie. somethimes it works, other times not)? I very seldom PM people.

I would say that the ability to find PMs is far from intuitive. When I got a notification that I had received a PM, I had to start jabbing at hyperlinks on my profile page to find the PM. Didn't there used to be a "messages" hyperlink?

Sponsored Links
Back