Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I’m hoping somone can give me a little more info we recently bought a new house where the garden is very sloped and in need of raising.

we are hoping to put a small retaining wall in front of the rear fence concrete blocks laid flat approximately 0.5m high and back fill to this to bring the garden level.

the ground is rock solid as previously flats on the same spot so earth is completely full of stone bricks all sorts and therefore very difficult to dig out.

can someone advise what size foundations I would need to build a wall this size

any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi There you got a picture. Couple of years ago i helped my mate put decking down and moved earth to make an area big enough as he had a sloping garden towards the house. We dug out level and put in 4ft concrete fence posts and the concrete base panels 2 high. We installed them on a slight angle towards the raised earth and it worked a treat. Not moved at all and the panels have not cracked either. On the earth side we also laid pea single behind the panels with a couple of 32mm pipes drilled thru for drainage. This way you'd only have to dig a few holes for the posts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back