four candles

Sponsored Links
Ronnie Barker IMHO was a comic genius. Just thinking about some of his work :-

The Two Ronnies
Porridge
Open all Hours.

Absolutely classic stuff. He also again IMO showed his true acting skills when he played Winston Churchills butler in a programme whose name I forget.

It was a very sad day when he died, the world is a poorer place without him.

Oddly enough, though I never liked Morcambe and Wise, I thought in the main they were desperately unfunny, apart from prehaps the Andre Previn sketch.

Previn "You're playing all the wrong notes"

Eric Morcambe "I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order"

Eddie M said:

The Two Ronnies
Porridge
Open all Hours.

Absolutely classic stuff. He also again IMO showed his true acting skills when he played Winston Churchills butler in a programme whose name I forget.

Do you remember "Clarence"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_(TV_series)

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
Oddly enough, though I never liked Morcambe and Wise, I thought in the main they were desperately unfunny, apart from prehaps the Andre Previn sketch.

Previn "You're playing all the wrong notes"

Eric Morcambe "I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order"
What about the breakfast sketch making toast etc whilst "The Stripper" played on the radio.

If the mods don't lock this thread, it will go on forever. There's tons and tons of Two Ronnies sketches we could go on about.

Mastermind, answering the question that has previously been asked before, and the one where he gets progressively drunk whilst trying to order a round. Four hexample.

notb665 said:
Eddie M said:

The Two Ronnies
Porridge
Open all Hours.

Do you remember "Clarence"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_(TV_series)

Yes I thought that was poor. However that for me does not tarnish the memory of a great man.

Sponsored Links
Back