Are we the bad guys?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(If you haven't seen the Mitchell and Webb sketch, watch it)

275438538_337596535069138_1673791085225030167_n.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
BBC saying "only hundreds" have got here, 4700 visas given out of 32000 applicants.

Puke.

On the radio this morning local councils checking out people’s accommodation

unsuitable accomadation because they have a fish pond in the garden needs to be filled in children could drown

plug in sockets to close to the floor risk of electrocution for children

On the radio this morning local councils checking out people’s accommodation

unsuitable accomadation because they have a fish pond in the garden needs to be filled in children could drown

plug in sockets to close to the floor risk of electrocution for children

Yep, local councils:
  1. fail to maintain properties properly
  2. full of xenophobes happy to create obstacles
If we invested in social houses, there would be much less poverty, and much more prosperity, on this island.

Surely they can't complain about BS1363 sockets?

They're the safest in the world.

I'm torn. I'm instinctively against all but the most essential immigration of people with skills we need. No others. Any other 'refugee' or migrant crisis, manufactured or not, isn't our problem. We're full, we have a housing crisis, we're broke and we can't go on mopping up the world's disposessed. Syrian problems, for example, left me unmoved. These countries are always in a state of turmoil, flux or war. We shouldn't be encouraging them into Europe and definitely not The UK. However, Ukraine is different. These are our people. They look and think like us, and are deserving of our help, but in limited numbers. They will actually be grateful for our help and won't threaten our safety. The main reason they are deserving is because firstly they are real, genuine refugees - consisting of babies, children, women, the elderly - even cats and dogs (this last group are overlooked and definitely need our unlimited help in this as they are the unsung, innocent victims). Secondly the males are actually fighting for their country, rather than throwing their hands up, destroying their papers and sneaking into UK on a lilo or swarming to other European countries. Help Ukranian refugees, but more importantly we really need to help Ukranians to fight for their country - with weapons, etc donated by us.

Last edited:
The bad guys are the ones torturing and killing civilians, bombing and blowing up their homes, laying land mines and trying to kill as many "non Russian" Ukrainians as possible. The UK has donated a lot of weapons and aid and some of the weapons are being used very effectively.

I don't think there is any room left. London is still full even after exporting millions to other cities.
Unfortunately there is no room here for thousands of immigrants
Bit ridiculous. How can something that was full and has had some removed still be full?

If there is no room for immigrants that means there is no room for population expansion.

Is that what you're saying?

I'm torn. I'm instinctively against all but the most essential immigration of people with skills we need. No others. Any other 'refugee' or migrant crisis, manufactured or not, isn't our problem. We're full, we have a housing crisis, we're broke and we can't go on mopping up the world's disposessed. Syrian problems, for example, left me unmoved. These countries are always in a state of turmoil, flux or war. We shouldn't be encouraging them into Europe and definitely not The UK. However, Ukraine is different. These are our people. They look and think like us, and are deserving of our help, but in limited numbers. They will actually be grateful for our help and won't threaten our safety. The main reason they are deserving is because firstly they are real, genuine refugees - consisting of babies, children, women, the elderly - even cats and dogs (this last group are overlooked and definitely need our unlimited help in this as they are the unsung, innocent victims). Secondly the males are actually fighting for their country, rather than throwing their hands up, destroying their papers and sneaking into UK on a lilo or swarming to other European countries. Help Ukranian refugees, but more importantly we really need to help Ukranians to fight for their country - with weapons, etc donated by us.
I don't completely agree with your stance/views on immigration, especially the 'they think and look like us' part. So you're essentially saying you'd prefer not to have any brown/black people entering the country? Although I definitely don't subscribe to a 'open the doors to everyone regardless of numbers' policy, I sometimes think what would we desire from other countries if the UK was ever in a situation that made people want to flee. I'm sure we'd hope that as many countries as possible would open their doors to us, regardless of whether or not we 'looked like them', no?

I do agree re some countries seem to be in a perpetual state of turmoil.

I also think the coming decades are going to be very interesting when it comes to the movement of people. If experts are to be believed, the effects of global warming on some parts of the world are going to lead to tens if not hundreds of millions being displaced from their homelands. They'll need to go somewhere ...

Thankfully, at 50, by the time any of this comes to full fruition, I'll be long gone.

I don't completely agree with your stance/views on immigration, especially the 'they think and look like us' part. So you're essentially saying you'd prefer not to have any brown/black people entering the country?

Yes, if that's what it takes to reduce/stop threats to our society and above all threats to our security. Many of the terrorist attacks in Europe have been from recently arrived migrants claiming to be refugees. It's too risky to let them in because it's impossible to tell the harmless ones from the dangerous ones. But we're going to be invaded by undesirable cultures anyway - our traitor politicians who talk tough on immigration, but do the opposite will see to that.

The truth is, Poles, Estonians, Ukranians, etc will fit right into our society and be useful productive members. Other cultures are both largely unable and unwilling to adapt or assimilate and will always be a problem for the host population.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back