Frank Field mentions the budget on twitter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Frank Field posted on twitter that its the best budget in the 42 years he has been in politics.

No replies required as this post is just for the non twitter folks

Sponsored Links
True praise indeed from an honest and outstanding conviction politician.

To be successful in politics, you have to ride two political horses simultaneously. Rishi has done a budget for the hour and made the possibility of long-term prosperity to fight the next election. Best budget in my 42 years in politics.

Sponsored Links
Frank Field wrote a scathing report criticising Tory austerity and benefit cuts.

Well done Frank (y)

The failure of the welfare state over the past decade has left families in Britain’s poorest neighbourhoods “blighted by the constant spectre of destitution” and reliant on charity handouts, according to an inquiry by two independent MPs.

Heidi Allen and Frank Field said botched social security policies such as universal credit and disability benefit assessments, together with cuts to local services, had fuelled extreme poverty and left the welfare safety net malfunctioning.

Frank Field paid tribute to Supreme Court judge who declared Johnson's proroguing of parliament illegal.

Well done Frank (y)

"might I register what I hope will be a unanimous feeling of gratitude to Lady Hale and her colleagues for establishing the supreme court and the speed at which it is able to work"

He got deselected by Corbynistas in 2018 (I think) and became independent MP.

He campaigned hard against Universal Credit.

I thought he resigned the whip because of his disgust at the antisemitism in the Labour party. Worth noting he was a supporter of the leave campaign.

You are poorer for it.
Nonsense. My distain for all politicians is unwavering. I have a blissful ambivalence towards politics (which has been rather tested of late) and has served me well.

No, you can keep your sycophantic indulgencies towards the world's dross and I'll maintain my stance towards the liars, cheaters and deceivers of this world.

Sponsored Links
Back