Freebies

Then why not outlaw all advertising? Why is it OK to advertise a bunch of cowboys but not Zampas Decorators if you live in the same area as a poster?

Sponsored Links
But thats my point..its not right to do either, if someone else on here put my name forward then its a different matter..and I wouldnt say no..well..id at least price the job...in exactly the same mode that the screwfix brothers wouldnt turn away business if someone put there name forward here (if they were members of course)

It could also lead to friction..(ok more friction!! :evil: ) between people on the forums who might be short of work..or someone might be getitng more than their fair share of leads..or whatever

Jesus christ (ok in the name of equality...and Allah!) can you imagine what the boards will look like...everyones comment on a thread will have a link to their web site.

visit www.jefoss.co.uk for all your tiling needs! :LOL: :LOL:

on a serious note, i think joes point is fair one and the stars thing would be a good idea, but only counting on the specific areas, the general / trades etc should be left out.

Sponsored Links
Do you know what incongruous means? If you can advertise for one retailer - why not yourself ? (if it's in the posters interest)

Isn't it supposed to be a site that helps the poster?

If I stock something that a poster needs - why can't I say so? Well?

There is a huge difference between recommending someone else's products and services because you have a had a good experience, compared with recommending your own because you want to make money from them.

Now, I am sure that you (and 99% of the others here) are completely honest and above board and would only mention your own products and services to be of assistance to others. However, there will always be those who are just out for free advertising. And their products and services might be great or they might be cr*p. The fact that they "recommend" themselves doesn't really help anyone.

Everyone knows that advertising is not independent and so they will take it with a pinch of salt.

The problem is that the mods can't easily tell who is a cowboy trying to advertise his dodgy wares for free and who is genuine. So the rules have to be tough.

Sponsored Links
Back