freeview box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just bought Durabrand freeview box,any ideas how to adjust colour as its a bit lacking,will not respond to adjustment whilst on digital channels.Have checked for website no luck.Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Tv adjusts ok on (old) channels 1-5 but will not adjust when using digi box just stays same wishy washy colour

can u get all the channels?
is the box working?
is it connected via scart?

Sponsored Links
Every thing works ok,..picture very good, scart connected.Strong signal.Tried menu etc. No provision for adjustment I can see.

only thing i can think off is the tv needs fine tunning into the freeveiw box

could also be inteference from a channel on a simmilar output frequency

some boxes have volume out put level but none i know off have any picture control

There is no adjustment on a freeview box for contrast colour brightness etc The only adjustment I know of is on a skybox with preset contrast levels.There is no fine tuning either as it is connected via a scart input. If your other scart imputs are ok your dvd or video recorder that would eliminate a fault on the tv as I have seen a few manufacturers tv,s with low gain pictures via a scart surprisingly Sony being one of them.If everything checks out then you either have a faulty box or just a poor quality item.

Usually digi/sky/cable boxes have a choice of s-video or RGB outputs.

For the best picture clarity/sharpness/colour always use the RGB and use an RGB scart, they physically feel thicker than one which is only partially (s-video) populated, and also make sure you are connecting it to an RGB input as usually not all scarts on sets are RGB capable. Old panasonics used to have Scart 1 fully populated, then switched to 1 and 2 with a selection for Scart 2 to be S-video or RGB.

If of course you're using HDMI.....................well i'll get my coat.

Do you have anothe tv you can try your box on. I think you may have a faulty box.

Thanks for your input,I tried swapping scart lead from av1 to av2 it now works perfectly! dvd recorder now in av1 that works perfectly too.Can any body explain why this works better in av2 surely both scart sockets are the same? Thanks again..

Don't know your model of tv, but not all scart sockets are created equal.
Some will be fully populated to RGB some will only have Composite, depending on how the devices plugged into it are configured depends on how your picture will look.

Good AV Cables are generally fully RGB populated, the stuff you get free with the box is generally only up to composite.

Also depends on how you have you tv set up, the menu system generally allows selection between composite/svideo and RGB.

For best picture clarity and sharpness always go with RGB.

Higher end stuff using 6 signals instead of 3, and as for HDMI i couldn't really say, not done much with it, but assume it's a data stream where picture quality depends on the decoder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back