Freeview in place of Sky.

I watch freeview via a humax pvr-9150T box, via a roof aerial, you can record shed loads of stuff, straight fom the quide, or simply pressing record, rewind, pause live stuff, even record 2 channels
one off purchase, no subscription and simple to use, highly recomend

Sponsored Links
Freeview is far from a complete flop.
I agree, i brought a 42inch sony plasma, one of the first with a built in tuner, in the days when they were over 5grand and when the transmitters went off, it was virtuallly useless over night , apart from viewing via sky, till I connected it to a freeview box

Sponsored Links
Two dishes one at back and one at front of house and was using an old loop aerial for freeview easy to put back up so good by continual retuning freeview kicked to touch.

just get a freesat box, which sits in place of you sky box. Done. In fact you can buy mine! Quite what you find to watch on all those channels is beyond me....pure sh1te.

I've got EE TV; worth checking out if you're contractually at a point where you can swap internet providers. Go via topcashback or similar and you'll probably get about £100 upfront.

The EE TV box has four tuners in it (I think) so you can record your favourite channels 24/7 plus pause, rewind etc. live TV. Has several on demand services built in too.

It takes an aerial for freeview and connects to WiFi for the on-demand stuff. Plus stream live TV or recordings to phones, tablets etc. around the house over WiFi while someone watches something else on the TV.

That said, I have freesat connected to the Samsung TV too but never use it. Haven't in over two years I think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back