Friday Picture

Sponsored Links
Was that Wylex board ever rated for a 45A OCPD? I thought that 45A could only be used on certain ways of a some Wylex units. That way was usually on its own, to the right of the main switch, with the other, max 30A ways, to the left.

Thats correct, for certain wylexboards, I think they only had a 60 amp mainswitch, I think there was a bodge way of cutting the back green sheild to allow a 45amp it to fit any board anywhere.

Sponsored Links
Pictures of the insides. The doorbell is actually connected in with the lighting, so the other 15A circuit at the top is apparently unused.

View of both Wylex units:
inside_all.jpg

Lower section with lights, sockets, cooker. The tab on the green plastic shield has been cut, the board is not suitable for devices over 32A.
inside_main.jpg shield_cutr.jpg

Top section:
inside_top.jpg

Smaller 4 way unit:
inside_plastic.jpg

Separate MEM unit with single circuit, no busbar:
inside_mem.jpg

There's no doubt about the quality of the early Wylex boards both build and design quality. When you look at that hideous MEM thing, in fact MEM stuff has always been bloody ugly !

As far as aesthetics are concerned MK accessories have always looked the part, well apart from that odd dimmer switch !

DS

Eeeee, I remember installing Wylex standard boards when they were the bee's ******!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back