Fridge freezer pipe adaptors

15 Jun 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Where on God's earth can you buy the 3/4"-1/4" adaptors to go from a conventional service valve to a fridge freezer water inlet?

Plumb Centre sent me to PTS who then sent me to a local electrical shop who just looked at me as if I was losing my marbles (which I suspected they would!)

I just need the standard Speedfit 3/4" to 1/4" adaptor, that's all.

Sponsored Links
1/4" fittings are the same as 8mm compression fittings, the youngster in the plumbing merchant probably doesnt know that, ask for old tommy he will know :LOL:
3/4 FI x 15mm cu adaptor, 15x8 reducer (either yorkshire or compression) if going onto 1/4" pipe or
3/4" FI x 15mm cu adaptor connected by a small piece of 15mm pipe to 1/2" Fi x 15mm cu with a 1/2" x 1/4" adaptor screwed into it to screw onto the 1/4"MI thread on the fridge
Sponsored Links
You need to find somebody that works for a brewery Technical Sevices Dept. (like myself), who carry all of these fittings and more.


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local