Friends been forced to move or pay more rent

Sponsored Links
But you wouldn't need benefits - you could afford to pay rent and help the economy. It wouldn't just apply to council tenants - it would apply to everyone regardless of whether they owned their house or rented. If you are on benefits and have a spare room you MUST rent it out.

It's a way of making income - a job.

It's a way of making income - a job.

MPs seem to make a good living renting out property paid for by the tax payer, so I guess it's only fair to allow people in council houses to do so too.

So Aron, what do you think of my idea of making them take in lodgers?

Tell you what.

You can give me a 4 bed house and charge me £300 pound rent (a loss to yourself), you'll do this because I am "in need". You'll take the loss as you will just get the money from various grants and social housing finance schemes paid for by the government (taxpayers), you'll also cream a little bit off for yourself as "management fees".

I can then rent out a room to pay my rent to you.

My neighbour who owns a private house and works will be paying for this, so his the only loser, but I have a right to live in a big house like him, because it's my "home".

Great idea Joe, I'll take you up on the offer!

Sponsored Links
No schemes or anything like that. If you have a large house and on benefits you take in lodgers - or don't claim benefit - or downsize. Your choice.

Joe, the threads about council housing, not benefits, so a bit pointless of you to then go "well ignore that".

Social houses are rented at below cost, then the owners often pay the rent with some assistance with another benefit (like me charging you £20 and giving you £5 so you can afford to pay the £20).

How is getting them to sublet dealing with these issues, how is it freeing up the large family housing stock for those with families (which are not all daily wail immigrants, but mostly our own chavs and honest working families).

BUILD MORE HOUSES says snico, except why build more houses when we have some ready to go, but are being used by those that don't need them.

And I would personally punch anyone in the face that says "I don't want to move into a flat from my nice 4 bed council house", cus plenty of people like me have to work and pay 4x what they pay for "their" house for a flat.

If you live in a Council House that is too large - then you are given a 'lodger'. Either that or move out. Your choice. Why pay for someone to rent a room in the private sector when there is a spare room in a Council House?

If you live in a Council House that is too large - then you are given a 'lodger'. Either that or move out. Your choice. Why pay for someone to rent a room in the private sector when there is a spare room in a Council House?

But the point is that they have families on the housing list wanting those houses, put aside any arguments that they deserve it, are immigrants, chavs, working low income families or bob crow.

Forcing/letting them rent out the rooms isn't freeing up the house, but turning it into a metaphorical flat, meaning the family with kids also has to stay in the metaphorical flat.

Silly.

But the families moving in will be migrants anyway. I'm all in favour of making them downsize, but I want Brit WORKING families given the house.

I heard today that two friends are having problems both live in council houses, one is having to move to a smaller house lives in a four bedroom kids have grown up and left just one at home he's in genuine bad health so hes on benefits benefits wont cover the rent so he has to move to a smaller house.

The other ones rent is going up, again a four bedroom house kids have all left home he wants to stay in his home so is being forced to pay higher rent.
!

In both cases, good!

This is the way the system for council houses should work. How long they've lived there is irrelevant.

As for taking in lodgers, why even bother talking about it. Council houses should be allocated to those who need the house of that size. They shouldn't turn big houses into flats just for the convenience of the long term resident when there is already demand for big houses.

Its about time people started viewing benefits as exactly that, a benefit given in time of need.

As opposed to the current view that benefits are an entitlement.

Brit working families.

Good joke joe, good joke.

It will be more like these

_52465582_c1_panoramaspecial-councilhouses-cheats&victims2.jpg

I like the what one of the son's (21 years old) say about moving out

"We've been trying to get our own place. We're on a waiting list but we've had no offers or anything," Kevin said. "We just can't get our own place."

What aspiration!

And what about these people, they need big houses too!

fatfamily_1367600c.jpg

Still better than a load of migrants that have never contributed to this country in the past aeon.

Still better than a load of migrants that have never contributed to this country in the past aeon.

There are plenty of the "native" population who have never contributed to this country. Personally I couldn't give a rats a*se if you are a "native" an "immigrant" an alien from Mars, black white,yellow, red or sky blue pink. I don't care what race creed or religion you are. All I expect is that if you live here you find employment and pay your way, do not abuse our benefit, NHS or any other system. Are able to conduct a conversation in English irrespective of what other language you choose to speak. You abide by the respective laws of England,Scotland and Wales without favour or prejudice.
Tall ask isn't it?

Sponsored Links
Back