Friends been forced to move or pay more rent

Slightly off topic, but my local council is proposing that the unemployed will have to pay 25% of their council tax bill. Now just a cursory calculation shows that an unemployed single person on £70 per week, will not be able to afford to eat. I really don't understand how this works, are we really trying to starve people to death in this country? (bear in mind that unemployment benefit is not based on what you have contributed) so you could have been made redundant, divorced, any number of calamities, and now your faced with a death sentence. I am all in favour for people working, but this country seems to have gone back about 150 years recently.

The mistake you make is to look at only 1 beneifit and go "How can they afford this".

When in fact they will receive a number of benefits, including a benefit set up specifically to pay peoples council tax.

Sponsored Links
Slightly off topic, but my local council is proposing that the unemployed will have to pay 25% of their council tax bill. Now just a cursory calculation shows that an unemployed single person on £70 per week, will not be able to afford to eat. I really don't understand how this works, are we really trying to starve people to death in this country? (bear in mind that unemployment benefit is not based on what you have contributed) so you could have been made redundant, divorced, any number of calamities, and now your faced with a death sentence. I am all in favour for people working, but this country seems to have gone back about 150 years recently.

The mistake you make is to look at only 1 beneifit and go "How can they afford this".

When in fact they will receive a number of benefits, including a benefit set up specifically to pay peoples council tax.

Not true you are entitled to 3 benefits as a single person. ESA £70 per week, Council tax benefit currently 100% but due to be cut to 75% and housing benefit, due to be capped.

Really it is not possible to live on this.

Sponsored Links
Never mind Eddie, I'm sure the government need to save money so the asylum seekers who have never paid anything towards this countries economy, can have houses, cars, tvs, computers and smartphones, courtesy of the British taxpayer.

What a cesspit of a country this has become .
It aint gonna get better- anytime soon-- or if ever ..

We natural born Brits- have lost our grip.

Everyone welcome here - come join the free party. No need to bring your own booze too..
Where we go from here is anyones guess. :cry:

And just wait until the romanians get here in a years time.
Game over !!

(until the Turks get here in next 2 years and kick everyones a$$es and boot evreyone out .

Different cultures-- mega different standards.

Don't know why everyone complains most about the foreigners.... our very own natural born scumbags are every bit as bad, in fact worse since they lack the get up and go to move to a better country.

Council tenents are sitting at home every day in perfectly good homes that they have got filthy, rolling fags and watching jeremey kyle and thinking the world owes them a favour and moaning about having to visit the job centre once a week.

Why is it wrong to wish a little hardship on these people? maybe then they'd be grateful for what they've got and look after the house they're given for free and improve their attitude to work.

They reckon the maternity hospitals are heaving with foreign brats.

Don't know why everyone complains most about the foreigners.... our very own natural born scumbags are every bit as bad, in fact worse since they lack the get up and go to move to a better country.

Council tenents are sitting at home every day in perfectly good homes that they have got filthy, rolling fags and watching jeremey kyle and thinking the world owes them a favour and moaning about having to visit the job centre once a week.

Why is it wrong to wish a little hardship on these people? maybe then they'd be grateful for what they've got and look after the house they're given for free and improve their attitude to work.

You're right. As we're getting Romanians whether we want them or not, the least our EU masters could do in compensation is to swap our yobs with Romas on a one-to-one basis.

You clearly know nothing about being unemployed.

Really it is not possible to live on this.

1. you can point to the dead bodies then as evidence, no?

2. don't see the relevance to the OP anyway.

Historical examples show the relevance.

Lebensraum ~ forcing people to move has happened before.

A couple of years ago a liberal politician on some council forced a newly widowed woman to move from her "Home" ( in the sense of where someone lives and is happy ) not necessarily that they own it.
some councils refer to tenants homes...........not property.

You clearly know nothing about being unemployed.

On the contract I'm working on at the moment I see it every single day mate. Not all unemployed are like this - obviously - but the vast majority of them form this sub-class of inactive unclean people where they have an astonishing sense of entitlement matched only by their idleness. It's not pc to say it, but it's true.

Sponsored Links
Back