fs85 simmer cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I have a stihl fs85 s trimmer that has been not wanting to stop once started!! So I guessed earthing issue. .... I took the cover off and sure enough the throttle cable there is a screw on the end of it which I'm guessing is to be earthed? ? Problem is I'm not sure where to as I think the previous owner has had a bit of a fiddle!
Now the throttle cable won't stay within its guide so won't work.... I know it's probably obvious but I'm not sure.
I can't find a photo on line of where this cable goes and sits...
Anyone got a link or photo???
I tried screw get it to the bottom screw this stops the earthing issue but the cable keeps popping out of its guide??
Many thanks dave[/list]

Sponsored Links
The end of the throttle cable does need to be secured Dave, for the thing to work......the carb butterfly is actually opened by the outer cable, not the inner.
As far as I can remember, the earthing cable comes back from the handle switch and can be grounded anywhere, but I'd appreciate a pic.......there are so many different Stihl strimmers!
Good kit though.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back