Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All I recently just had a full new central heating system installed, all pipes have been replaced and new hot and cold pipes have been replaced to cater to my new home extention and home. I also have a combi boiler.

I paid British gas £8795 for the job. This was yesterday. However today I had noticed that my upstairs radiators which are new were lukewarm in comparison to my other ones downstairs which were burning hot, I then turned the heating off via my hive system. And turned it on again after the radiators cooled down around 1hr half later. The radiators eventually became hot again but I noticed when I run a hot water tap upstairs or shower downstairs the heat in some of the radiators upstairs just lose there heat and go warm and cold.

I noticed that the engineer did not replace the hot and cold water pipes and just extended them through the floorboards to the circuit leading to the new boiler upstairs . I feel that because both bed room radiators are intermittent with heat loss now and that this may be due to the circuit upstairs at which the heating engineer from British gas just extended the hot and cold water pipes in the upstairs bathroom which may be also linked to the bedrooms radiator problem. The new Worcester bosch is upstairs also in the cupboard.

The radiators have all been bleeded and the trvs are on their highest number 5. There are no leaks from what I can see so what may be the problem ?

It is the Worcester bosch greenstar cdi classic erp combi

I just want to know why my radiators upstairs go lukewarm most times and also why my shower downstairs does not get hot, on the shower tap I set it to the highest yet the water is warm still, but all other taps running hot water are burning hot. Of course I never run the taps at the same time. Only once a time to check.

My hive target temperature is set above the current temperature in order for the boiler to function.

So to confirm :

New pipes (hot and cold and central heating) to all radiators, taps, and shower room downstairs.

New central heating pipes to the bedrooms under floorboards, plastic pipes new under floorboard which then link to copper on the external.

However, existing hot and cold water/ existing central heating pipes to the bathroom/sink and radiator still remain and have been extended into the circuit upstairs.

I think the pipes used are 15mm pipes through out the whole system.

What is causing me this problem? With regards to what I have said above, Your help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Get them back as above.

You'll probably get service and repair department out.
With any luck you'll get a descent guy and he'll sort it for u.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all, @ianmcd @Phill Peck @dilalio @durhamplumber @AGAS for your advice I got back to them, sent someone round it was a matter of balancing and changing one of the TRVs in a few radiators even though they were new.

Its a 3-bed rooms house with 11 radiators, we have a built extension also that's why. @durhamplumber regarding the price of the job, I was quoted far more from 7 other traders plumbers in regions of 9 - 12k

I got a whole new system this includes replacing all piping, around the whole home, leading to all radiators, taps, under floor boards etc... electrics, new boiler Worcester Bosch, hive 2, radiator replacements x2 and a new one added, the whole works. As if someone is building a new house and needs a full central heating system. Labour time 8 days between two people.

I do think the price is fair considering the size of my home

Thank you all though for your advice and comments.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back