Galaxy 16+

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, have just fitted a recon Galaxy 16+ panel to a friends business premises. It was supposed to be factory reset, but the usual suspects (codes) are showing as invalid, so i supsect it still has the previous codes setup. This obviuosly I dont know and I need to program the system ASAP as the old system is no longer in. On other galaxy systems I have worked on they had a link/switch on the pcb which if shorted when powering up resets the board back to factory- however there is nothing on the 16+ panel like this.
ANY IDEAS...

Sponsored Links
power down system, remove hold off from SAB

short out zones one and two (if i remember rightly, as i normally remove and throw away 16+ panels it could just be zone one, but give it a goo)

ensure all other tampers are closed, including the panel and SAB

power panel up from mains only, then battery

enter default user code

then engineer default,

remove links

other persons here might like to correct me if they will, we do fit alot of galaxy but we usually remove and bin 16+ panels

thanks grahame

i couldnt for the life of me think about which one (then again it was late at night and i have had a verrrry busy week)

i have made a note in the lille red book of defaults.

Sponsored Links
hi chaps,

went to try this today and having fun with the bell box tamper, on the panel i have LF, T, strobe, bell, hold off + and hold off -. Which do I need to short to keep the tamper loop intact when performing the reset.

Also when u say enter the coded, the usual 1234 and 5678 or 112233???? is this directly or with enter as well?

Cheers in advance.

tamper for bell box is `t` short to 0v `-`

default codes;

user 1234

engineer 11 22 33

when you have reset you panel, enter 1234 then esc a couple of times
then enter 11 22 33 twice

you should now be in engineer, if you have any further questions please feel free to post,
as i said before the 16+ is not one of my favorite panels, in fact i hate em, the do not follow the same programming protocol as the other galaxy ranges.

but we will try to help you

done the reset, however the default codes for engineer were 1122

Once all that was in, did a cold start and hey presto 1 blank system ready for programming. Cheers

Please help! I've had my galaxy 16 plus for 14 years now and want to reset engineer code as alarm company charge me way too much to change the box battery. I've read the instructions from posters above. My question is what do I actually connect the zone one terminal to to link or short out? do I have to remove any connections to that terminal that are already connected?
My alarm fault symptoms are random alarm triggers so I thought I'd start with a new battery and go from there. Any help would be great, thank you

What did they charge you to replace your battery ?
You may be better of just leaving the panel as it is ?

I cannot leave it as is because it says engineer reset required and i'm not willing to pay call out charge and overpriced battery charge AGAIN! I changed the internal battery on my other alarm at a different house no problem as I have the original codes. The alarm has been inactive since I opened the panel to investigate the random triggering 6 months ago.
I have the instructions to do the default code reset however when the instructions say 'short zone 1' or 'link out zone 1' I am not sure how to connect my wiring. Do I connect zone 1 to the 0v?
Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
No
Just put a wire link across zone 1 and follow instructions as above.
Have you got a manual to reprogram control panel following default ?

thanks, I spoke to JH of oasistechnical who used to post here and he kindly gave me some info so when I get home tomorrow i'll give it a go

My thanks to John H and handymanjo for their help. I reset the system including the engineer code so i'm free of rip off alarm company that installed it. Superb fellas thx.

Europlex,
doesn't matter! 2 guys helped me solve the problem so it's not required by anyone other than you but thx for your helpful advice on thread starting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back