Galaxy Flex and RF Portal + Testing Trigger outputs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed a Galaxy Flex 20 with Ethernet module and additional trigger module and everything seems to be working.

I've also got a direct mount RF portal to install but when I originally connected this I kept getting an error on the keypad (I think it was RF105 Tamper) My keypad was connected to +12, 0V, A and B on the main board with only the Engineer header (four pin orange cable) connecting the RF portal to the main board, Is this correct or should the keypad now connect to the RF portal? I did try this and there was no power to the keypad!

I installed the trigger module as I want to link the alarm to my CCTV so it will record on intruder. Sirent and strobe both working correctly. I've ordered a relay as my Hikvision NVR only needs a N/O or N/C circuit, not a voltage feed but how do I test without triggering the alarm. I've checked all the options for menu 53 but there doesn't seem to be a test option. I'd like to see if triggering the 12v will trip the relay and tell the NVR to start recording

thanks in advance!!!

Sponsored Links
Whrn the portal is fitted in the flex, you need to fit a jumper on the RF portal tamper header. This is the two pins nearest the black tamper switch. The jumper should have been in the portal bag, but you can use one of the other unused jumpers on the board.

Use menu option 32 to test outputs. All should be available in engineering mode.

hi Galaxy Guy

will take a look at the jumper, thanks for the info.

option 32 allows me to test the bell (01) and Strobe (02) but doesn't give any other options, I wanted to test TR1 on the expansion board to confirm my relay to my CCTV is going to work.

D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back