Galaxy with Viper issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - appreciate anyone spending a minute to read this and offer some advice.

I've moved into a house with an ADT Galaxy 2-20 system (v1.10). The system seems to have developed a fault with the Viper shock sensors which won't allow me to set the alarm. When I view the status in the menu system the other sensors show the resistance (eg. 23 ohms) but the shock sensors show as O/C. The sensors used to flash yellow/red but do nothing now. It appeared to start after I washed one of the windows. The casing is in pretty good condition but could water have penetrated and shorted it?

Is there anything I can try to diagnose the issue and get the sensors working again? Is there a fuse or something?

Hoping to avoid paying a hefty call out fee if there's something I can do. I'm pretty handy but this is the first time I've had an alarm system so I'm a bit lost for ideas.

Thanks again for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I would take the viper case off and inspect for water damage ....found this one on a service ...
6B32C368-60C1-4B08-B172-D716505C7765.jpeg

That looks bad! Nothing obvious on this one that I can see.
20201119_210530.jpg
20201119_210435.jpg

Sponsored Links
Set on dc range check for 12v on viper terminals 5/6 counting from the bottom where the metal link starts and the one above ...

Thanks very much for helping me out with this. Is that right?
20201119_215455.jpg

Cheers for the info Mark. Really appreciate it.

I can't imagine how the cables could have been damaged as they're so well protected in the walls and floor. Can I open the alarm box and replace the fuse or will this trigger a tamper alarm? Or is it time to ring an engineer?

Haha. I didn't even think of that as a danger! No, no alarm when I took the cover off the viper.

They seem to be wired in a series of four. None of the four have power.

Yeah got PIRs throughout the house on different zones. All the other zones seem OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back