Garage conversion - combi boiler suggestions

Sponsored Links
I am really hanging by a thread here :) For a system boiler I'd pay £1000 for the boiler and £500 for the unvented cylinder. For a combi boiler I'd just pay £700 for the boiler, £800 difference. I presume that for both cases I'd need a circulating pump for the CH water ?

Sponsored Links
I presume that for both cases I'd need a circulating pump for the CH water ?
Not for the combi.
A combi boiler has everything in the one device, including an expansion vessel and pump. You don't need anything else - that's the entire point of it.

Therefore for both system and combi boilers I do not need expansion tank or circulating pump.

You've not explained who might be staying in the annex...if they are elderly or infirm I would certainly not entertain a combi.
Why is that then?...Cannot understand why you think that.

A combi is perfect for your requirements, get some quotes from professionals and they will agree, sometimes keyboard warriors are not your best friend a few have proven such on this post

When your combi fails more than often you loose hot water...if you can afford to live with that for several days (when you can't get the parts/bank holidays/weekends) then fine but if you've got elderly/infirm/disabled in your annex that are likely to need daily medical care including washing then a cylinder with immersion backup would be a better option. Alternatively have an electric shower plumbed in too for backup.
Trust me I've seen it many times...the worst a 6 bed house with a combi and a paraplegic...he had to be taken back into respite care each time their junk Ecotec packed up. Of course it was the wrong setup but who wants to listen.
Mine own place...a boiler for the cylinder and another boiler for the heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back