Gard Tec eurosec 13 cpx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
I have the above house alarm. Can anyone tell me how to silence the internal sounder, don't won't to isolate the door chimes or the external sounder and strobe just the internal.
Many thanks
I have the Engineers code.

Sponsored Links
Think you may be wrong jo , program sounder levels ? Chime and entry exit can be set like the 595 and 800 series

Sponsored Links
Picture of the sounder. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 1531857549007885683702.jpg
    1531857549007885683702.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 82
Is it too loud ? If so go into programming until you get to sounder levels , chime and entry exit should give separate level settings , set both to 1 and try

Is it too loud ? If so go into programming until you get to sounder levels , chime and entry exit should give separate level settings , set both to 1 and try

Yes it is painfully loud. I've had a couple of FA actuations and sods law it always happens in the early hours. Thanks for the advice, I will follow your instructions, fingers crossed.

I've just found the engineers guide online which is quite comprehensive and followed the instructions, I was previously looking at a general user guide. It was only set to 2 , settings are 1-9 cant imagine what level nine is like, thats heart attack territory. I wiil try an alarm test tomorrow when everyone else is out, be interesting to see if it's made any noticeable difference . Thanks for the advice this site is brilliant for a DIY'er like myself.

Option 2 open the large speaker case remove speaker and fit a small texecom speaker inside the case ( if it's been painted around ) or replace with a texecom small speaker if the decor is not an issue ...

Tested it today and it hasn't made any difference to the alarm internal sounder, the chime is slightly quieter.
Sparkymarka
Can you recommend a suitable Texecom speaker please.

Can you confirm the chime sound comes from that large speaker ! If possible look inside it there should be only a speaker ( no pcb ) as you could get a version that was a sounder with a pcb inside

Can you confirm the chime sound comes from that large speaker ! If possible look inside it there should be only a speaker ( no pcb ) as you could get a version that was a sounder with a pcb inside

There is only a speaker and it doubles up as the internal alarm sounder and the door chime. Why a speaker with a pcb? Are you able to control the volume with that type? Can you recommend one?
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back