Garden Sheds

Hmm not working and I really do not want to saw the wire.

I just need a way to get the SWA itself off so the wire ends with no gland/connector.

Photo-0005-1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not sure what type of fitting that is - when I did a bit of SWA termination, the brass where you have circled was a spannerable bit too. Two opposing spanners would then loosen the gland. But looking at yours, it appears that where the sheath enters, this part is not "spannerable" (Does everyone like my new word?)

Looking at the picture you have removed the very back part of the gland, and are now left with a 'non-spannerable' :LOL: olive holding the armour of the cable in place.

This is a tapered brass ring which fits onto the tapered part of the SWA gland, and holds the armour.

To remove it you need to gently tap it away from the main gland body and it should come free after a couple of taps. You mention it has been damp, and there looks to be some corrosion on the gland, so it may be a little stuck at first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back