Gas and Electricity Hikes

Oh sure. we'll be fine. We produce a bit less than half of our own gas, get a third from Norway, and the rest from "Europe" . No problem then. They won't have shortages, surely?

Finland is I think ~94% from Russia.

I suppose it wouldn't be very popular to suggest that the whole of geographical Europe is going to have to reduce consumption for a while, so the UK should help by sharing some of ours round a bit more than we'd like?
_123590119_natural_gas_supply_640-2x-nc.png

Sponsored Links
Around the New Year, my supplier announced it was going bust and my supplies to be picked up by British Gas. Since then I have been in limbo, not really knowing how my account was, whether I was deep in debt, or what - due to the rapid rises in costs. I don't like owing money. My original supplier continued to claim their direct debit, whilst BG sorted the mess out. I have just received an emailed final bill this morning. I am £86 in credit.

Around the New Year, my supplier announced it was going bust and my supplies to be picked up by British Gas. Since then I have been in limbo, not really knowing how my account was, whether I was deep in debt, or what - due to the rapid rises in costs. I don't like owing money. My original supplier continued to claim their direct debit, whilst BG sorted the mess out. I have just received an emailed final bill this morning. I am £86 in credit.
you remain on the original tariff until change over date when new supplier takes over your contract then you then go to the default fixed rate off the new supplier

Those gas numbers don't add up!
An energy broker type on R4 said that the middle east will be able to supply Europe with more LNG, because the Chinese won't be buying it - they can get it cheaper from Russia because the European market is reduced.

So that's all right then
iu

Sponsored Links
Those gas numbers don't add up!
An energy broker type on R4 said that the middle east will be able to supply Europe with more LNG, because the Chinese won't be buying it - they can get it cheaper from Russia because the European market is reduced.

So that's all right then
iu
its not just a case of buying LNG you need the ports and facilities to take it and allow it to be converted back to its gaseous state germany for one doesnt have any such facilities

Tut tut, had you been buying from spivs to save a bit of money?

you remain on the original tariff until change over date when new supplier takes over your contract then you then go to the default fixed rate off the new supplier

Usually yes, but I had to pick another tariff due to the end of my contract, just one month before they went bust. The options were variable or a stupidly expensive fixed tariff. Because they stopped up dating the variable rate when they went bust, I had absolutely no idea what my energy was costing me until this morning.

this is where the "DO NOTHING" mantra comes from by default you go to the caped rate but if you sign a new contract that has to be fixed [i think]so you're not covered by the unit price cap

its not just a case of buying LNG you need the ports and facilities to take it and allow it to be converted back to its gaseous state germany for one doesnt have any such facilities

We can though, so we should be jolly frightfully decent types and let the nice tchermans have our gas gas. As long as,
a) we turn a vast profit and
b) the dockers don't refuse to process it.

Both are unlikely but we can make a show of offering. the Dutch can handle it. They're helping Fritz build LNG terminal facilities near Hamburg. It says here.

in general forget fracking 'north sea 'exploration'nuclear'coal'solar'wind 'any other fantasy source in the next 5-10 years unless its at completion now stage its not in the equation as the next 2 months to a year works on what we have now and nothing else ??

Just been looking at fixed prices, I think we will wait until after April as the prices for fixed rates are a lot more than the variable rates we are on now and will be come April.

Sponsored Links
Back