gas boiler engineer cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi how long and roughly how much does it cost to train as an engineer for gas boilers,i fancy a change of jobs,currently an hgv driver,i only want to do breakdowns and fitting new boilers.

Sponsored Links
Which "A" levels and degree do you have?

Sponsored Links
yeah but . he works long hours HGV - My neighbour BG van was half an hour late home today :eek: 5 o clock it rolled past. Bet his dinner was b`ggured :LOL:

Train - 6 gulp weeks apparently........

Though to become competent and have the experience to fault find breakdowns far far far longer.

There are no shortcuts.

I did just that and retrained starting in 2004.

One year of a day a week at college and working FOC with another engineer for experience and I became qualified and (then) CORGI registered. Worked for a rip off company for about 6 weeks and then saw an Ad for BG. Turned up at a walk in interview and was very upfront about my experience. Offered me a job on the spot as a service engineer. Worked as a BG service engineer for 18 months. At the time I thought this was far too long and wanted to be trained for breakdowns but now realise that I was gaining a great deal of experience. Trained for breakdowns and now I'm the bloke that many of the younger guys turn to for advice/help.

Best thing I ever did. Its very rewarding without the rubbish that goes with a more corporate job.

Your chances of finding a company to give you the experience and capability that I have gained......... zero.

Good Luck

Which "A" levels and degree do you have?
hnc engineering,mechanical enginering grade 2 welding,class 1 hgv,30 years european experiance,paid for 3 kids to go to uni,and tried to help every person ive ever met,is that enough or is it only really clever people who can change a bit on a boiler?

Funny that because i'm a gas engineer and i was thinking of coming a HGV driver, how much would it cost me??
about 600 pounds,i do hope this helps and you will find that hgv drivers tend not to rip one another off,but you might have to work after 4pm and maybe some saterdays,terrible really in this day and age

If my van was bigger i could be classed as a long distance H.G.V driver :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back