gas boiler engineer cost?

how old are you Peter, if you don't mind me asking?
I know where GM 77 is going with this, and I started to work out your age from the eaarlier post. You really are too late. I'm a similar age,(sterted with BG at 16) and I promise you that by the time you are good enough to make it worthwhile, you'll be looking at retirement. The college courses cost a packet, allegedly about £6k, no wages for ages, then you have to work for a good firm for a few years for experience. If you want to go S?E budget another small fortune for the kit.

Not trying to be clever, by the way.

Sponsored Links
I am sure you would take to the job and be proficient.

But there are a number of obstacles.

Firstly, Gas Safe have tightened up the criteria for becoming registered, and that means a demonstrable portfolio of experience in the industry.

Secondly, this would be hard to get, because you would need to work with someone who is already qualified

Thirdly, that person training you is aware that he can get a spotty teenager to work for jack sh*t

Fourth, unlike the spotty teenager you will be as keen as mustard and within 18 months could be out there, in the same area, competing for work with the bloke that trained you.

The plumbing and heating industry is now extremely competitive; the media have done their work and 1000s have joined the industry hoping to make a killing. Small repairs and servicing are getting snapped up by big insurance companies offering fixed price repairs, which they pay sole traders a pittance to do.

If it really is all you want to do, good luck. If you are good you will succeed, but it is going to be a long haul - if you pardon the HGV reference.

PS: I used to drive Class 1 when I was a rock n'roll roadie. Great fun most of the time.

Fecking CCCs!!!

It takes a 4 year apprenticeship & about 20 years experience before you'd know about half you'd need to know.

Funny, we had a meeting today about our service engineers and everyone to a man round the table agreed; our best guys were time-served & in their 50s.

Some ex trucker too used to sitting on his a.se all day is going to be a total liabilty.

Sponsored Links
A levels and a degree to become gas registered? LMAO

We look for kids with 'A' level Maths, English & Physics, before they get an interview. So I'd say any Yorkie munching trucker that can only just read a road map is going to be a bit too dim.

I'd say you aren't fit to judge a Yorkie munching trucker.

Or a WI grow your own cucumber meeting, come to that.

I'm good at flying into slip lanes and changing lanes without looking, and cutting people up, also I like to hog the middle lane on motorways for miles and miles while barely overtaking the lorry at the side of me which is doing 1 mile an hour less than me, think I have the skill to be an HGV driver..........

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN";p="1919326 said:
I'm good at flying into slip lanes and changing lanes without looking, and cutting people up, also I like to hog the middle lane on motorways for miles and miles while barely overtaking the lorry at the side of me which is doing 1 mile an hour less than me, think I have the skill to be an HGV driver..........[/quote what the **** are you blokes worried about?cant you answer a simple question without being abusive?what a tosser

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back