gas boiler engineer cost?

Well I for one take my hat off to the boys and girls who drive the trucks that carry the goods that without which we'd all be stuffed... Everything that you have came on a truck.

Well maybe if it went by rail there would be more room on the roads, think about it, one lorry length worth about 5 cars, multiply by 100 lorries, 1000 lorries, wow, less jams.

Ok, take away one truck with a payload of about 20tonnes returning about 10mpg and stick that stuff onto 5 cars.... Jesus son, you gonna need new springs! It gets worse 'cos one truck is about the length of about 3 1/2 cars.
Sadly Dr Beeching cured all that sort of nonsense, there are very few towns with a rail teminal any more..... Stuff still goes by train but it is mainly stuff than no one needs in a hurry..but we would still need trucks to go from the terminal to your home or workplace.... If everything went by train, how long do you think it would be before the country was totally paralized?

We could all buy less cheap junk Chinese made garbage in favour of better made quality goods.... This would reduce traffic as would better motorway driving standards for car and van drivers, there are plenty of drivers who meander along the motorways in the middle lane at 60

A gas safe man has a fair bit of responsibillity, fortunately a fuel tanker driver has no resposibillity at all....

Sponsored Links
Well I for one take my hat off to the boys and girls who drive the trucks that carry the goods that without which we'd all be stuffed... Everything that you have came on a truck.

Well maybe if it went by rail there would be more room on the roads, think about it, one lorry length worth about 5 cars, multiply by 100 lorries, 1000 lorries, wow, less jams.

Ok, take away one truck with a payload of about 20tonnes returning about 10mpg and stick that stuff onto 5 cars.... Jesus son, you gonna need new springs! It gets worse 'cos one truck is about the length of about 3 1/2 cars.
Sadly Dr Beeching cured all that sort of nonsense, there are very few towns with a rail teminal any more..... Stuff still goes by train but it is mainly stuff than no one needs in a hurry..but we would still need trucks to go from the terminal to your home or workplace.... If everything went by train, how long do you think it would be before the country was totally paralized?

We could all buy less cheap junk Chinese made garbage in favour of better made quality goods.... This would reduce traffic as would better motorway driving standards for car and van drivers, there are plenty of drivers who meander along the motorways in the middle lane at 60

A gas safe man has a fair bit of responsibillity, fortunately a fuel tanker driver has no resposibillity at all....

We can always expand the Rail network again & give the roads back to normal drivers, these lorries & their brain dead drivers are clogging up our roads............Get rid!!!

http://www.airdriebathgateraillink.co.uk/

" these lorries" - I presume you mean the 7 tonners with their hi-viz monkeys driving them like boy racers :evil:

We can always expand the Rail network again & give the roads back to normal drivers, these lorries & their brain dead drivers are clogging up our roads............Get rid!!!

Yep, we'll stick the freight yard in your back garden and knock through your living room to allow the 10.16 to pass through :LOL:

Sponsored Links
" these lorries" - I presume you mean the 7 tonners with their hi-viz monkeys driving them like boy racers :evil:

With 60-80 deliveries to do per day, I can understand them driving like loons, don't agree with it but it is better than being on the dole...

What the industry needs is dedication. Often this is lacking as some RGIs and tradespeople think the sun goes down when they put their trousers on in the morning.

I can point out a few truckers who do not wait to be told what to do but start tidying up if nothing else, when other tasks are completed.

The big problem is there are guys who are on the tools but some of them think they are white collar workers. Then there are others (no pointing fingers) who themselves are CCC but choose to throw stone while they live in glass houses.

Give me a man who wears his heart on his sleeve, is not afraid to admit defeat or ask for guidance and I will give you a hard working person who will do any employer proud.

Now I am making my way to my bunker to escape the ICBMs

...............who themselves are CCC but choose to throw stone while they live in glass houses....................Oh dear, I don't think Telly Tony deserved that Danny!! But wait, on second thoughts, oh yes he does............ :LOL: :LOL:

As always, I'm finding it hard to disagree with you.

Fella I work with has got an HGV1 licence , last driving job he had was with the co-op delivering to there stores , did a milk delivery drove the lorry under a railway bridge that was to low :) thousands of pints of milk ended up down the road , railway line got shut down ! bloke from the co op came out & sacked him on the spot , bit off really getting sacked for a simple mistake but there u go !

Fella I work with has got an HGV1 licence , last driving job he had was with the co-op delivering to there stores , did a milk delivery drove the lorry under a railway bridge that was to low :) thousands of pints of milk ended up down the road , railway line got shut down ! bloke from the co op came out & sacked him on the spot , bit off really getting sacked for a simple mistake but there u go !

least he didn't have to clean it up then. :)

least he didn't have to clean it up then. :)

:D :D

No point in crying over spilt milk.

Simple mistake..... :LOL: Doh, big lorry low bridge???!!!! He must be a thick as mince?

No, it's not a simple mistake, it's unforgivable. He should know the height of his vehicle.... It's part of his job just like it is part of our job to ensure that the cusomer is safe from gas leaks and CO poisoning.... Well those of us who are Gas Safe.

Am I right in saying that once you have completed the Gas Installation NVQ2 and then completed your GAS ACS CCN1, CEN1 and CPA1 you can then register with Gas Safe and be put on probation for 3 months. All in all it will cost you about £1500 which includes the £400 odd quid to register with Gas Safe for the first time. After that you are a "Competent Person" deemed safe to work on Gas all beit with little experience.

Gas Safe register after all is another tax and quite possibly be the governments way of trying to squeeze out the black market within the industry.

D

Go for it! There are 3 week courses out there!!!! Don't bother. If your serious, book yourself into night classes, for plumbing and heating, gas, and boiler repair courses. Start small and build up your experience. Expect 5yr of training initially, as you work and train, and then you will be able to call yourself a professional. Your never too old but you will need the determination to succeed. You may get ribbed on your journey - but that's par for the course. Good Luck, join the proud, professional Plumbing and Heating Engineers, to kick out the chancers and cowboys out there. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back