gas boiler engineer cost?

Sponsored Links
Well I for one take my hat off to the boys and girls who drive the trucks that carry the goods that without which we'd all be stuffed... Everything that you have came on a truck.

Well I for one take my hat off to the boys and girls who drive the trucks that carry the goods that without which we'd all be stuffed... Everything that you have came on a truck.

Totally agree,seems to be a few gas safe reg installers who are so up there own anuses :D

Which "A" levels and degree do you have?

hnc engineering,mechanical enginering grade 2 welding,class 1 hgv,30 years european experiance,paid for 3 kids to go to uni,and tried to help every person ive ever met,is that enough or is it only really clever people who can change a bit on a boiler?

Anyone can change a bit on a boiler! We call them parts changers!

The skill is in finding which part is at fault.

You did not mention "A" levels, physics and chemistry are most useful.

But with a reasonable educational background I think that you would be completely trainable!

And your age of 52 sets you in front of the kids only interested in texting, getting drunk and raves!

BUT, the earnings are probably significantly LOWER than many UK HGV drivers are probably earning although the hours and staying at home will be better if you dont like overnight trips.

Then there is the shortage of work! Being self employed is very difficult and the only significant jobs are for the insurance based cover which pays about £20-£25k.

Getting gas experience is very difficult as why should anyone train you for you to undercut them in a thin market which gets worse year by year.

My advice is to train as a plumber as that needs little training and is not regulated. That pays about the same for anyone good who works hard. You could do that on days off from HGVs at first.

If you really needed to you could then take gas quals later if you thought there was a need to.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Which "A" levels and degree do you have?

hnc engineering,mechanical enginering grade 2 welding,class 1 hgv,30 years european experiance,paid for 3 kids to go to uni,and tried to help every person ive ever met,is that enough or is it only really clever people who can change a bit on a boiler?

Anyone can change a bit on a boiler! We call them parts changers!

The skill is in finding which part is at fault.

You did not mention "A" levels, physics and chemistry are most useful.

But with a reasonable educational background I think that you would be completely trainable!

And your age of 52 sets you in front of the kids only interested in texting, getting drunk and raves!

BUT, the earnings are probably significantly LOWER than many UK HGV drivers are probably earning although the hours and staying at home will be better if you dont like overnight trips.

Then there is the shortage of work! Being self employed is very difficult and the only significant jobs are for the insurance based cover which pays about £20-£25k.

Getting gas experience is very difficult as why should anyone train you for you to undercut them in a thin market which gets worse year by year.

My advice is to train as a plumber as that needs little training and is not regulated. That pays about the same for anyone good who works hard. You could do that on days off from HGVs at first.

If you really needed to you could then take gas quals later if you thought there was a need to. Plumbing needs little training!!! FFS, your so far up your anus you suffer with blackouts. Stick to what you know best. Part Changer.

Tony

My advice is to train as a plumber as that needs little training and is not regulated.............................Oh T you crack me up at times...... :LOL: :LOL:

I've just got this image of this fat biffer truck driver trying to get his big belly through a ceiling hatch & when he gets up there putting his size 11s through the ceiling!!! Or sitting in a classroom trying to pass his Water Byelaws ticket............... :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

I've just got this image of this fat biffer truck driver trying to get his big belly through a ceiling hatch & when he gets up there putting his size 11s through the ceiling!!! Or sitting in a classroom trying to pass his Water Byelaws ticket............... :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

So what you are saying is that the wheezing fat git clambering out of his Berlingo van with "Bodgitt and Scarper Plumbing and Heating" on the side, who leaves the customer with leaks, dirty systems and fitting cheap junk B&Q boilers and leaves a trail of damage in his wake is a Lorry driver...

Richie, have you ever considered that the OP may have spent his life roping and sheeting his load or regularly builds and strips tilt trailers and so may well be as fit as a butchers dog and have the agillity of an acrobat?

If the desire to learn is strong, then there is no reason why the OP cannot achieve what he wants to do.. the only thing lacking is experience and the judgement that comes with this experience....

OP I would look long and hard at how much you expect to earn and what training centres say you will earn... The grass is not always greener

So what you are saying is that the wheezing fat git clambering out of his Berlingo van with "Bodgitt and Scarper Plumbing and Heating" on the side, who leaves the customer with leaks, dirty systems and fitting cheap junk B&Q boilers and leaves a trail of damage in his wake is a Lorry driver...

You been following me again son???!!!........................ :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Fit as a butchers dog...............LMFAO!!!
Get real 'Rouchie', he's been living on greasy fry-ups for years, he's a heart attack on legs. You don't understand, the best paid HGVs drive tankers & certainly would not get out their cab even to tie their shoe lace.
He'll be a lazy fat biffer.

Actually the tanker drivers have to pipe the delivery, read the flow meters and fill out all the paperwork.

I would have thought that the overnight drivers would have earned more than tanker drivers who only operate within a radius of their filling depot and spend the night at home.

Then the European truckers!

BUT even the transport industry is suffering from the East European infiltration. Most drivers delivering to the EU are now based there and come into the UK to collect/deliver. Many companies are even basing their transport in the EU as the operating costs, fuel, maintenance as well as driver's pay are all lower, particularly in Turkey ( EU soon ) and Romania.

Tony

Well maybe if it went by rail there would be more room on the roads, think about it, one lorry length worth about 5 cars, multiply by 100 lorries, 1000 lorries, wow, less jams.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back