Gas boilers

Except where it is economical, as it clearly is for at least onshore blades. A week ago you'd have said that it wasn't. Right now you're still arguing that it's not economic because they haven't signed a contract to dispose of offshore blades

The GE offshore fleet first started to be installed in 2016. They're aiming at a 20 year + lifespan. Arranging a contract to recycle the blades now would be amazing, and pointless.
I'm not particularly interested in arguing about anything particularly as I have agreed with you that it is undoubtedly a good thing for a major player to commit resources to recycle turbine blades. I also stated that I hope that by GE doing this, others will explore options to recycle/re-purpose blades and follow suit.However it does not detract from the fact that wind turbines are being pulled down NOW and being replaced because they have reached their lifespan and the blades ARE being sent to landfill.
My biggest interest is alternative fuels because I think they will play a huge part in reducing global warming, as I said Methane has an enormous global warming potential so it makes total sense to burn the stuff to create energy given that the output of Carbon dioxide thus produced has a huge magnitude lower GWP than the fuel being used. If we utilize naturally occurring Methane, we can offset what is created by farming/industry etc.
I also believe people should know the dirty secrets behind some of these companies in their use and handling of Sulphur hexafluoride, 23000 times the GWP of CO2!

Sponsored Links
Back