Gas Hob FSD's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a landlord when replacing a Gas Hob does it need to have FSD's?
The property is just a standard dwelling and NOT a HMO or flat.
All the info I can find suggests it's only a requirement on HMO's & flats although I just called the HSE gas safety line and was told that all new/replacement hob must have these fitted....

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
As a chap that's just going through his gas just now, this came up recently. Any new flueless appliances must have a flame supervision device if installed into flats or HMO's, split level maisonettes etc, it's part of IGEM/G/5

Standard 'single family' housing (terraced/semi detached/detached etc) are excluded, only where occupied by a single family.

Though as Dan mentions, if a landlord, get the safest appliance possible. Don't think it would reflect well and could even be considered negligent to consider doing less IMO, if there were any future issues.

Sponsored Links
It is probably difficult to buy a hob without one now.

Its needed if the property has another property above or below it.

So all flats, only exclusions are detached, semi or terraced house.

Tony

I fail to see, as a responsible landlord, why you would even consider putting a hob in that does not have an FSD. Cover your chocolate starfish, they're hardly expensive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back