Gas Man Says built in hob should not have a flexible hose?

I'm in London W12. If any one is interested let me know. £100 is fair and reasonable.

I reckon you can do everything as is and without removing the kitchen units. The Oven pops out and the lead appears to be long enough to do so. I'd be happy to assist... with tea/coffee :)

I'll take out the oven tomorrow and get a closer shot of the gas connection to the hob if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Sparky

Sponsored Links
Sorry just checked, Acton/wimbeldon way? I'd still allow a little more than a tun but not too much more.

Jon

Sponsored Links
You don't get free parking in the Congestion Zone.

Nor in most of W12 now, because of the Westfield Centre.

I spent two hours driving the mile past the remains of the Television Centre last week. Just due to the total inability of the roads to carry the traffic now.

Tony

are you being serious agile you actually use the bus , i thought people were just taking the p-ss . to be honest never worked in london thou but sounds a nightmare.
is it that bad ?

Regardless of whether the instructions allow a hose or not that one needs a repipe, it's not fitted in the way a flexible hose should be and is under strain.

I just hope that the PTFE tape on the threaded end is Gas Rated and not just regular 'Plumbers Tape for Everything'.

Generally it has an Yellow tint to easily identify it.

Patrick

I just hope that the PTFE tape on the threaded end is Gas Rated and not just regular 'Plumbers Tape for Everything'.

Generally it has an Yellow tint to easily identify it.

Patrick

never noticed the yellow tint, except when on the roll:)

Just a month ago we had a flexible hose replaced with copper for a gas hob. It cost £65 and it was done done after we got back from work at 6pm.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

:sick::sick::sleep::sick:Why do people put PTFE on the thread where the cap nut goes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back