Gas pipe size

Sponsored Links
while perfectly possible to have 23mb working pressure at the meter it would be unusual, certainly around here unless you have had this problem and someone has cranked the meter gov up to the max to try and increase the pressure at the appliance, 22mm would normally be enough but depends on the run of the pipe and how many bends etc, if you do indeed have that pressure drop as you have been advised you have either a blockage or a blocked filter somewhere, either way you need an engineer to check it out for you

Ian, that's what I plan to do. Pipework comes from meter outside, through house up into loft, so quite a long pipe run.

Sponsored Links
Could be it's always been like that and it's a standard efficiency suprima boiler so nobody has ever checked inlet working pressure as the burner pressure has always been ok

nobody has ever checked inlet working pressure as the burner pressure has always been ok
Possibly, depends on the KW whether burner pressure could have been OK. Think that gas rating ought to have shown a problem at some point. I still have misgivings about the recent test ie: was burner pressure being read rather than inlet pressure? Was standing pressure being taken at meter rather than operating pressure? Just seems like a large drop to go unnoticed by 9 engineers.

True.
May have never been gas rated by any though. I seldomly do a gas rate on a se boiler if bp ok and no evident signs of any issues

I am inclined to think it is a meter governor problem and the 23mb is standing pressure, but I cant argue with another engineer who has actually seen the job, I would have thought the length of time it has been in someone would have noticed by now, the run of pipe you have is very common and if all the way in 22mm, wouldnt have thought it was a pipe sizing problem, but again I havent seen the set up

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
So its a suprima what model and where did he take the working pressure from?
as 11mb is perfectly acceptable working pressure for the SE suprima range from a 40,000 model to an 80,000 model

So its a suprima what model and where did he take the working pressure from?
as 11mb is perfectly acceptable working pressure for the SE suprima range from a 40,000 model to an 80,000 model

Gas, is 11mbar Burner pressure or inlet pressure (at the gas valve)
Had one similar a while ago, loads of black dust in pipe causing excessive pressure drop

Ok, it's a Suprima 100L, but there are no markings with wattage on it.
Installation date, 2005.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back