Gas safe certificate?

I would argue that the proof of competence is the gas assessment.

Having that then enables registration with Gas Safe and allows work on gas fittings to be done.

Even GS acknowledge that any one can do gas work provided they do not gain any benefits or award, fiscal or otherwise. The test if "competency" always was and probably still essentially is: did you do it correctly and safely

Sponsored Links
Your post apart from the obvious spelling mistakes, is absolute drivel and completely wrong, so you have to be Gas safe registered to prove competence ?
That's not nice Ian.
Drivel?
Completely wrong?
Perhaps you'd like to elaborate on your understanding of the words 'completely' and 'drivel'?
I must also question your numeracy skills if you think a single spelling mistake (apologies for that, readers) deserves a plural suffix.

HOWEVER, I refer all to the last sentence in post #12....this is not the prelude to a technical argument (even though @Agile is correct that ACS determines competency, acceptable to H&SE who then licence gas fitters through the gas Safe Register). It was put there to explain to the OP why a GSR fitter should be used on gas pipework. I think I did that - end of my contribution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back