gas safety

JPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me and my corgi mate came went to do a gas safety today.

turns out no ecv on premises and gas meter is via a shop downstairs that is not always open. my mate AR'd it and closed off the appliances..per his book.

the is a already fitted gas hob on a hose.....he says it should be rigid pipe and should be changed..is he right (no MI's to look at) or is it just NCS. (albeit the hose is somewhat stressed/streched)

any helpful comments welcome

Sponsored Links
I'd have ID'd it and got NG in withing the hour as there is no way to turn the gas off.

He was right to AR the lack of ECV. Only ID if there is a problem at that time.

MI's are needed to definately say one way or another if the hose is ok. If its looking stressed then i would have AR'd that as well

thx...anymore thoughts on the hose...change it or leave as NCS...

The landlord did his usual - "well it was passed last year, so why not by you (us)" :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
doing my acs at mo and prob cat this as AR as to wot the assessor is saying for the cooker hose.and for the ECV e.g if its not there or not able to be shut off ID. if not acssessable AR. but rule of thumb is ecv should be within 2m of the metre with lableing to its location etc etc.

ID because gas can't be turned off,if needed, can't tightness test, end of.

Transco in, no option, I would even consider issuing a RIDDOR and let them sort the bu**ar out.

I too would ID it but unsafe situations is quite clear it is AR unles an emergency exists at the time, which is nonsense it has to be seen as ID by someone like us now since we probably won't be present to categorise it during an emergency therefore we would be negligent to leave it working.

If you ID it then you have to turn the supply off and cap.

How :LOL:

The hob you can't do anything with unless you have the manufacturers instructions.

ID is for situations that are causing danger to life or property.
AR is for situations that could cause danger to life or property.

Limited access to ECV is AR. The minimum that can be done to rectify this situation is to put 2nd ECV in the flat where the gas pipe enters.

I had one like this a couple of weeks back, transco came out for another issue and werent to fussed by the lack of ECV in flat. That was my problem, thanks!

ID is for situations that are causing danger to life or property.
AR is for situations that could cause danger to life or property.

Limited access to ECV is AR. The minimum that can be done to rectify this situation is to put 2nd ECV in the flat where the gas pipe enters.

I had one like this a couple of weeks back, transco came out for another issue and werent to fussed by the lack of ECV in flat. That was my problem, thanks!

TRANSCO, otherwise known as TOFO!

i have personally never seen MI for a hob that says it can be fitted on a hose.
although I've heard it is a possibility.

I have, but not recently.

Lack of ECV access is AR. Couple of years ago found 3 conversion flats with crossed pipes, I hadn't noticed previously. AR'd the lot, now of course have lost the CP12 business!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back