Gas-Torch recommendation(s)

+++++++++
Moderator's note
A number of posts have been removed, which were unhelpful, or abusive, or both.

Members who don't like reading this thread are reminded that they are not obliged to read it

Members who feel the thread is needlessly long are reminded that they are not obliged to make it longer.
++++++++++

Sponsored Links
I would recommend the bulfinch torch (no3 torch head) , along with a 47kg bottle of propane.

I would recommend the bulfinch torch (no3 torch head) , along with a 47kg bottle of propane.
Is it you and Danstace who are wrong, or muggles? He has said it's for use with natural gas.

Safety is obviously a major concern with gas - can you and Dan give me assurances that a Bullfinch #3 would be safe to use with propane?

Sponsored Links
Yes, very funny.

You describe yourself as a gas engineer. Do you think that when Gaswizard and Danstace say that a Bullfinch #3 can be used with propane, and muggles says natural gas, that they are all giving good, and safe, advice?

:confused::sleep::eek: i have just googled what you need , i seen two in two minutes with all you need to know

Last edited:
Do you think that when Gaswizard and Danstace say that a Bullfinch #3 can be used with propane, and muggles says natural gas, that they are all giving good, and safe, advice?
Ha. You can use it with natural gas if you want. But unless you have a constant mains gas supply wherever you are working. Or you can keep your natural gas cylinder cryogenically frozen between uses of your blow torch. I would stick to lpg if I were you mate;)

It's not so much the availability of fuel that concerns me, it's the question of whether a gas burning appliance which the maker says is for use with acetylene would be either functional, or more importantly safe, when supplied with LPG or natural gas.

why have you sectioned this to " tools and materials " another site , why not keep it in plumbing section ???????? i don't know how forums work , this is the first.

I hope that isn't you expressing the belief that I might not be telling the truth.

like i said i have never used any forum except this one and only this one , so i don't know how they operate it s just very coincidental of what has happened to accommodate your actions and situation . some people won't understand because those actions have already taken place .

well its just a suspicion anyway (y)

What has happened is that posts which were abusive and which accused me of lying and which complained that this topic is too long, or that I didn't make my mind up quickly enough, have been removed. A number of mine where I fought back against the insults and lies etc have also been removed.

Not sure why in your mind those things count as "accommodating my actions and situation". Did you think that they were all justified, that your fellow plumbers/gas engineers had every right to abuse and insult me, and that the removal of those posts points to some kind of favouritism, or mean that I must be a moderator?

Laughable.

well its just a suspicion anyway (y)
And one which I have tried to disabuse you of. If you disbelieve or doubt the truth so be it, but you should do it in private.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back