General Election 4th July

You really have no idea or you're pretending. Many hard working families and parents sacrifice alot to put their kids through private education it's nothing to do with the rich and elite per se. These are the ones that will suffer.
If the schools lose paying customers they will adapt.

Sponsored Links
Yep, they hire the facilities out...

Education is a business ;)

Sponsored Links
Have you ever been to Eton?

Get real, FFS. :rolleyes:
I walked down the road there on a trip to Windsor castle, the pupils at Slough Grammar were something else, arrogant and entitled is an understatement. private education is a little more than those elite establishments.

Private schools, whether you like them, or not are a business. Usually successful, and usually effective at their aim, but still a business.

Why should any business be vat exempt on services ?

Pay the vat, the schools will still be there.
So are most charities who run their fund raising activities through a trading arm which don't pay tax iirc.

Luxuries would be things which state pupils could only dream of. Like swimming pools, squash courts, indoor tennis courts, etc. etc. etc.
There are many private schools that don't have those facilities. But state schools are extremely under funded, the extra vat will make little or no difference.

There are many private schools that don't have those facilities. But state schools are extremely under funded, the extra vat will make little or no difference.

I look at it differently. Times are tight. Every politician knows that, whether they acknowledge it publicly or not. £1.5bn is a start. Stealth wealth taxes like these might be the only politically palatable way to increase tax revenue these days. Chipping away, a bit here, a bit there, might bring in substantial extra taxes from the better off.

Better to have the vat in the coffers, than not.

No reason why vat shouldn't be imposed

Maybe you could tell us which ones?

Are they academies, and do they hire them out?
Yep. My local academy is shared by Fitness First. It has plenty of facilities including a gym, swimming pool, badminton, static cycles etc. I use it.

Sponsored Links
Back