GENERAL ELECTION 2014

I have just been thinking as to when the 2014 Generals will be held.

It won't be July or August because of people being on holiday.

It won't be October, November or December because of likelyvadverse wether weather which deters voters.

The same logic applies to the winter months January, February and March.

That leaves April, May, June or September

I think it ill be June or September 2014.

Now lets await, ..............the village idiot: "it's a fixed 5 year term" :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

"The Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011 is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that introduced fixed-term elections for the first time to the Westminster parliament. Under the provisions of the Act, parliamentary elections must be held every five years, beginning in 2015. The Act received Royal Assent on 15 September 2011. Fixed-term Parliaments, where general elections ordinarily take place in accordance with a schedule set far in advance, were part of the Conservative – Liberal Democrat Coalition Agreement which was produced after the 2010 general election."

Tell me which bit you don't understand.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/genera...tion-2014.364825/page-8#2772399#ixzz2TdShJ3ca

Sponsored Links
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The next United Kingdom general election will be the election to the 56th parliament of the United Kingdom. The terms of the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011 mandate that the election will be held on 7 May 2015 (except in the event of a collapse of government or a two-thirds majority of MPs voting for an early election).[1

Sponsored Links
I don't see how I can vote Tory again next year. Lib dems don't have a cats chance in hell. That really does narrow the options down.

Well for God's sake, don't vote Labour. UKIP is the only answer.

The trouble is Labour are the only party who can realistically dispose of the Tory slashers. Too many people voting UKIP will only help the tim nice but dim Tories

Sorry, but I think you may be wrong. If Labour get in again it will be a disaster for the country. Over their recent past administrations they almost destroyed this nation; given the chance, they'll complete their work.

I also believe it is perfectly possible for UKIP to gain seats in parliament. The only limiting factor is people thinking that giving their vote to UKIP would be a wasted vote. It's quite simple: if more people in a constituency vote for UKIP than any other party, they will have an MP. It is only people's indolence that prevents this happening - the 'I've always voted for (insert major party here), so has my dad, so that's who I'll vote for now'.

We should remember that, at the turn of the 20th century a new party - the Labour party - entered government for the first time, so it's not without precedent.

The trouble is Labour are the only party who can realistically dispose of the Tory slashers. Too many people voting UKIP will only help the tim nice but dim Tories

You are without doubt the most clueless poster we've ever had in this forum - and we've had a lot of clueless ones. :rolleyes:

I don't see how I can vote Tory again next year. Lib dems don't have a cats chance in hell. That really does narrow the options down.

Well for God's sake, don't vote Labour. UKIP is the only answer.

Sorry, but I think you may be wrong. If Labour get in again it will be a disaster for the country. Over their recent past administrations they almost destroyed this nation; given the chance, they'll complete their work.

I also believe it is perfectly possible for UKIP to gain seats in parliament. The only limiting factor is people thinking that giving their vote to UKIP would be a wasted vote. It's quite simple: if more people in a constituency vote for UKIP than any other party, they will have an MP. It is only people's indolence that prevents this happening - the 'I've always voted for (insert major party here), so has my dad, so that's who I'll vote for now'.

We should remember that, at the turn of the 20th century a new party - the Labour party - entered government for the first time, so it's not without precedent.

Only PR would give UKIP seats. If they get 25% of the vote as they did in the local elections - they would not get a single seat.

The idiot voters voted for 'first past the post' which means it's unlikely UKIP will ever get in.
Not only that, the Tories are cherry picking UKIP proposals to keep disaffected Tories onside.

It won't be October, November or December because of likelyvadverse wether weather which deters voters.

Now lets await, ..............the village idiot: "it's a fixed 5 year term" :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

"The Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011 is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that introduced fixed-term elections for the first time to the Westminster parliament. Under the provisions of the Act, parliamentary elections must be held every five years, beginning in 2015. The Act received Royal Assent on 15 September 2011. Fixed-term Parliaments, where general elections ordinarily take place in accordance with a schedule set far in advance, were part of the Conservative – Liberal Democrat Coalition Agreement which was produced after the 2010 general election."

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/genera...4.364825/page-8#2772399#ixzz2TdShJ3ca[/QUOTE]

Right on cue !!

Allegations, proof please, put up or shut up!!
Read you own posts - if you won't - then YOU shut up.

Are you fat? Do you have bad knees? Answer the questions please.

Joe you have tumbled to a new all time low in your stupidity, you made an allegation, it is now down to you to back it up.

I repeat, I'm the innocent party here, evidence please.

Put up or SHUT THE F UP!!

I'm repeating the information that YOU have provided.

Do you have bad knees?

Are you obese?

Do you have a Stannah stair lift?

Why can't you answer these simple questions?

It's YOU that provided the original information.

Are you going senile?

:confused:

You forgot the wheelchair Joe, and as for going senile, well! I must be demented to still be having this discussion with you..

My lawyer has advised not to say anything that might incriminate me, when you can provide evidence to back up your allegations we will pursue the matter further, until then, from where I'm sitting, it looks like you just materialize all your post out of thin air with absolutely no substance what so ever!

Do you have bad knees?

Are you obese?

Are you going senile?

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/genera...4.364825/page-8#2772399#ixzz2TdShJ3ca[/QUOTE]

Right on cue !!

Do you have bad knees?

Are you obese?

Are you going senile?

Joe, you forgot alzheimer's..

Do you have bad knees?

Are you obese?

Are you going senile

Right on cue !!

Can I jump in here please, the bit I don't understand is when the Limp Dems fall out with the Tories and the back benchers revolt and Boris takes over, when that happens the government will be completely different to what was voted into power and hence will not have a majority and we will be leaderless, there again every cloud has a silver lining.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back