• Referendum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Both

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
Not that it's actually got anything to do with the EU, but...

Given that was the 'deal' we got back then from the US, it doesn't exactly bode well for any deal we'd get now does it!

Isolated and out of Europe = vultures circling!
=Ellal crying into his beer forever,sticking pins in his Theresa voodoo doll and fantasising of a new world,Ref 2 and Jezza as PM...Ellal Nirvana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old people are dying every day but they are being replaced by even more older people.
Everyone gets old eventually.
If I had known that the EU referendum was going to cause so much fuss I would have stayed in the pub instead wasting my time voting.
Are you really that naive as to think it would all be done and dusted in an afternoon,and the Germans and French would walk away blowing the UK kisses

Old people are dying every day but they are being replaced by even more older people.
Everyone gets old eventually.
If I had known that the EU referendum was going to cause so much fuss I would have stayed in the pub instead wasting my time voting.
Young people have an awful habit of becoming old! ..You suggest we have a ref every 40 years to take that into account?

Sponsored Links
Quitters having a hissy fit as usual...

Probably because they don't like the facts that they are shown!

However...

The Germans paid compensation to some countries for the damage they caused including the Irish Republic and Israel.
As far as I know Britain never received a penny in reparations.
Actually the UK did receive reparations*, but in 1953 those reparations were halved and put on an economy strength basis for the amount due each year.
Probably because they realised that the price they exacted after WWI led to WWII...
(Interestingly Germany only finished paying it's WWI debt in 2010)

4 Years after the UK finally paid back the US.
America screwed the UK harder than any other country, because they wanted to see the end of the empire and take it's place as 'numero uno'...
Special relationship my a rse!

*The UK also got 'reparations' by other means.
'Intellectual reparations' and 'reparations labour' - i.e. pinching their scientists and using forced labour!

PS. And Germany payed a very heavy price for regaining it's territory after the post WWII carve up/Soviet occupation.
Reunification has cost approximately 2 trillion Euros!

Young people have an awful habit of becoming old! ..You suggest we have a ref every 40 years to take that into account?
Well we're supposed to have a general election every 5 years.

So we could make it law that there is an EU referendum every 40 years...

Only that wouldnt work would it ;)

This latest Labour motion fudge shows that both the main parties are in this for political power, not the country's best interests!

This latest Labour motion fudge shows that both the main parties are in this for political power, not the country's best interests!
Yes, I am afraid that is true.

I am sick of the M.P.s (Labour and Tory) who say "I was in favour of remaining in the EU but I must respect the will of the people and the referendum result".

If that is the case then, after the last election, why did the Labour M.P.s not cross the floor and become Conservatives?

I am sick of the M.P.s (Labour and Tory) who say "I was in favour of remaining in the EU but I must respect the will of the people and the referendum result".
And yet when told (by the whips) to go against the 'will of the people' they usually claim they are 'voting with their conscience'...

Liars one and all !

But hey, that is UK 'democracy' ;)

Sponsored Links
Back