GENERAL ELECTION 2014

I

ImayKnow

Does anybody else, like me, think a general election will be called next year, and if so, which party will win?

I think we could have another coalition, this time between Labour and UKIP. I know that may seem outlandish to many of you, but I feel it's a strong possibility based on the current support UKIP are receiving.

Sponsored Links
Possible. Were now moving closer to a referendum on membership of the eu and only because of UKIP and people voting for them.

And then some people on this forum say Ukip is a wasted vote?
What a load of tosh.

I agree. Regardless of how many seats UKIP may win in the next general election (if any) I think they have already achieved much of what they set out to do.

As for a coalition of UKIP and Labour, never! Miliband and his cronies have made it quite clear that they are completely against leaving the EU or even holding a referendum, which is the direct opposite of what UKIP stand for.

I'm not sure what they are so afraid of in denying us a referendum. Could it be that they realise that the majority of voters want to leave the EU?!

Sponsored Links
We have fixed term so unless there is a complete crisis it will be 2015.

Good Grief he's back! Who rattled his cage? Have you noticed; Joe90 and Prize Pratt never post at the same times, could he be one and the same??

If there's a complete tool around here it's you. :rolleyes:

We have fixed term so unless there is a complete crisis it will be 2015.

It's not actually a fixed term of five years Joe. The government can call for an election at ANY time, but can't govern for more than 5 years without holding an election.

Then there is always the vote of 'no confidence'.

We've been through it all before. It's a five year FIXED term.

We've been through it all before. It's a five year FIXED term.

YES we have been through this topic before and there is no convincing Joe otherwise, a vote of no confidence will have no effect apparently, Joe obviously believes Camoron when he said we're here for five years, politicians don't lie.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's on the statute book mate - the law was changed. Do a Google for once.

It's on the statute book mate - the law was changed. Do a Google for once.

FACTS:

Labour elected 01 May 1997

Labour re-elected 07 June 2001

Labour re-elected 05 May 2005

One doesn't need a calculator mate!

And read CAREFULLY:

"For the first time, Prime Ministers will not be able to call a General Election whenever they want. Fixed-terms will mean that governments can no longer decide the timing of elections in order to suit their own political ends. In addition, the knowledge that general elections will take place, other than in exceptional circumstances, every five years on the first Thursday in May, will create a stable political cycle and avoid the destabilising speculation caused by the anticipation of snap general elections."

Sponsored Links
Back