GENERAL ELECTION 2014

But what constitutes an exceptional circumstance is clearly defined. It would take a sustained vote of no confidence or a two thirds vote for dissolution. Neither is going to happen.

Sponsored Links
But this is politics, you cannot be prescriptive about "exceptional circumstances".

It's 2014 for me - time may prove me wrong.......... But it may also prove me right!

In other words you were not aware of the law changing and not man enough to admit it. Worra plonka. :rolleyes:

Barking applies twice to you:

1) barking up the wrong tree :rolleyes:

2) barking mad :LOL:

Sponsored Links
But this is politics, you cannot be prescriptive about "exceptional circumstances".

It's 2014 for me - time may prove me wrong.......... But it may also prove me right!
But it is prescriptive. The act specifically precribes it. It means two thirds vote for dissolution or sustained vote of no confidence. So unless either of these happens - which it won't - the next general election will be 7th May 2015.

But it is prescriptive. The act specifically precribes it. It means two thirds vote for dissolution or sustained vote of no confidence. So unless either of these happens - which it won't - the next general election will be 7th May 2015.

But what triggers those events will not be prescriptive, you may be right about 2015, I may be right about 2014.

Does anybody else, like me, think a general election will be called next year, and if so, which party will win?

I think we could have another coalition, this time between Labour and UKIP. I know that may seem outlandish to many of you, but I feel it's a strong possibility based on the current support UKIP are receiving.

Back to the original question, it's a YES from me, but I really think you're wasting your time with Joe90 & Jeds, if I didn't know better I would think they were both teenagers who haven't got a clue how politicians work, and they both just keep repeating themselves, as you say, we shall wait and see.

But what triggers those events will not be prescriptive, you may be right about 2015, I may be right about 2014.

What are the odds on it being the EU issue?

!00% to do with the EU, and I would not be surprised to see Boris at the helm, I would dearly love to see UKIP in power but it's a big ask, the next best thing would be a coalition with Boris, I'm sure Nigel would get a better deal than Cleggy..

Does anybody else, like me, think a general election will be called next year, and if so, which party will win?

I think we could have another coalition, this time between Labour and UKIP. I know that may seem outlandish to many of you, but I feel it's a strong possibility based on the current support UKIP are receiving.

Back to the original question, it's a YES from me, but I really think you're wasting your time with Joe90 & Jeds, if I didn't know better I would think they were both teenagers who haven't got a clue how politicians work, and they both just keep repeating themselves, as you say, we shall wait and see.
I prefer not to rise to the childish abuse these threads usually descend to but I would be interested to know if your 'it's a yes from me' is to the election in 2014 or to the Labour/UKIP coalition?

Sorry John I missed that, I think if he can't get a majority then he'll form a coalition with Boris.. :LOL: :LOL:

If you knew anything about politics you would know that even though UKIP got 25% of the vote in local elections, were the same percentage apply in the general election UKIP wouldn't get a single seat. Labour will get in with 35% of the vote.

The people of the country had the chance to vote for PR - but blew it. Stupid nation. full of people like Pred.

If you knew anything about politics you would know that even though UKIP got 25% of the vote in local elections, were the same percentage apply in the general election UKIP wouldn't get a single seat. Labour will get in with 35% of the vote.

The people of the country had the chance to vote for PR - but blew it. Stupid nation. full of people like Pred.

That's where you're wrong Joe! I voted Limp Dem to try and get the voting system altered.

You get everything wrong don't you!

And you think I'm stupid, have you looked in the mirror lately?

I know you are stupid - you prove it daily. The sad bit is that you think you are intelligent - how fookin stupid is that. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back