General Election 4th July

Sponsored Links
Hum. More pledges to come, more to be broken and we the electorate will end up disappointed.

According to the IMF whoever wins is facing a £30 billion black hole so that’s going to take some filling before any extra spending occurs

Hum. More pledges to come, more to be broken and we the electorate will end up disappointed.

According to the IMF whoever wins is facing a £30 billion black hole so that’s going to take some filling before any extra spending occurs

What do you want?

Grow the economy and deal with inequality. So what's your solutions?

"Rishi Sunak to call July 4 UK general election​

Prime minister gambles by triggering vote when polls suggest heavy defeat"

FT.com
George Parker and Lucy Fisher in London
33 MINUTES AGO

Even the over 60's have lost enthusiasm

181866417_3903051799731555_6861149354978767223_n.jpg

"Rishi Sunak is set to announce a surprise July 4 general election, according to senior Conservative sources, despite opinion polls suggesting his ruling party is heading for a heavy defeat.

The UK prime minister moved after he and chancellor Jeremy Hunt concluded there was no point holding out until the autumn in the hope of better economic news coming to the rescue, according to party officials.

Sunak told the cabinet of his decision on Wednesday afternoon, defying opinion polls that give Sir Keir Starmer’s Labour party a lead of around 20 per cent. He is expected to make a formal announcement at about 5pm.

The FT’s poll tracker now puts the Conservatives on 23 per cent, matching the nadir of Liz Truss’s brief premiership in 2022.

Most ministers were kept in the dark about Sunak’s plan to call the poll. They were instructed to attend Wednesday’s cabinet meeting at all costs as election speculation gripped Westminster. Foreign secretary Lord David Cameron had to rush back from Albania.

Sunak will have to defy political gravity if his Conservatives are to win a fifth successive general election, extending a run in power that began with Cameron’s coalition government in 2010."

FT.com

Sponsored Links
What do you want?

Grow the economy and deal with inequality. So what's your solutions?

I would increase tax and NI on people earning over £50K, and more so on those earning over £100k then £250k

Self employed people mandatory business accounts AND at least 50% of turn over though the account.

I would make all UC claimants have a minimum number of hours of 25 per week and let them do 2 hours overtime per week before it affects UC

I’d increase the number of bands for council tax so the biggest homes pay more AND when extensions are complete, have automatic reassessment of the banding with immediate effect.

End free for all NHS and adopt a system like Eire so you pay a nominal amount for visits to the doctors and A&E

I’d cap the number of people coming to the UK with immediate effect

I’d make degrees for qualifications we need free BUT have 15 years work in the uk mandatory

Id scrap university loans and replace it with an additional tax paid immediately once the tax free threshold has been passed

Tax threshold up to £20K

Problem is there are some many things people want to improve there simply isn’t the money to cover it but somebody needs to set out tax rises and specify how it will be spent.

Pledge’s are simply not good enough and who ever gets the keys to number 10 has a maximum of 1 year before they will get the might of social media taking pops at them

That’s for starters

Or stick with what we've got? No thank you

Rishi starting his 5pm speech as though he's some sort of fix-it-all messiah ...

I would increase tax and NI on people earning over £50K, and more so on those earning over £100k then £250k

Self employed people mandatory business accounts AND at least 50% of turn over though the account.

I would make all UC claimants have a minimum number of hours of 25 per week and let them do 2 hours overtime per week before it affects UC

I’d increase the number of bands for council tax so the biggest homes pay more AND when extensions are complete, have automatic reassessment of the banding with immediate effect.

End free for all NHS and adopt a system like Eire so you pay a nominal amount for visits to the doctors and A&E

I’d make degrees for qualifications we need free BUT have 15 years work in the uk mandatory

Id scrap university loans and replace it with an additional tax paid immediately once the tax free threshold has been passed

Tax threshold up to £20K

Problem is there are some many things people want to improve there simply isn’t the money to cover it but somebody needs to set out tax rises and specify how it will be spent.

Pledge’s are simply not good enough and who ever gets the keys to number 10 has a maximum of 1 year before they will get the might of social media taking pops at them

That’s for starters
That plus a public inquiry into Orgreave etc, russsian money influencing brexhit and a sensible trade deal

Tax threshold up to £20K

That’s for starters
You wouldn't garner many votes, actually let me correct that, you would garner quite a few votes from the lazy and layabouts ...

Sponsored Links
Back