German Police

Sponsored Links
JM was making a point.

Gas was posting that the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere was a sparrow's fart's worth, at 400ppm.

JM pointed out that the (absolute) amount isn't what matters : it's the effect.

Gas isn't concerned by 400 ppm of carbon dioxide, but would brick it at 200 ppm of carbon monoxide.
Another one who doesn't understand what the action level of 200ppm of CO is all about and where . Try googling a bit more about action levels of CO

Sponsored Links
Another one who doesn't understand what the action level of 200ppm of CO is all about and where . Try googling a bit more about action levels of CO

I perfectly well know.

The point is, that a number in itself is meaningless.

You saying
Do I think your getting getting shafted about effecting 0.04 % of the atmosphere by less than ten percent .

is equivalent to saying "it's a tiny number: why are you bothered about a tiny number?"

It is NOT about the number per se: it is about the effect.

Alexander Litvinenko only ingested one-millionth of a gram of polonium-210.............

I perfectly well know.

The point is, that a number in itself is meaningless.

You saying

is equivalent to saying "it's a tiny number: why are you bothered about a tiny number?"

It is NOT about the number per se: it is about the effect.

Alexander Litvinenko only ingested one-millionth of a gram of polonium-210.............
You dont perfectly well know about CO levels thats obvious other wise you wouldnt be speaking about 200ppm being an action level . OK so has the minute increase in CO2 in atmosphere affected your health would doubling it kill you no.

Can you tell me why before any mankind let alone industry were on this planet CO2 levels were far higher

Because of lots more volcanic activity. At least a hundred times more. I don't understand the argument you are making. You haven't explained the link with temperature.

Because of lots more volcanic activity. At least a hundred times more. I don't understand the argument you are making. You haven't explained the link with temperature.
Oh deary me really .

Oh deary me really .

I'm always happy to learn new stuff, and I don't care who from. See Brig's Socrates quote ;)

So, why were carbon dioxide levels far higher in the past, if not because of volcanism? What periods are you referring to?

Last edited:
35 % of fek all is still fek all . Keep paying the taxes

Do you agree that there is a natural greenhouse effect? And that without these greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, the earth would be much colder, effectively a giant ball of ice?

Greenhouse gases are part of Earth's atmosphere. This is why Earth is often called the 'Goldilocks' planet – its conditions are just right, not too hot or too cold, allowing life to thrive. Part of what makes Earth so amenable is its natural greenhouse effect, which maintains an average temperature of 15 °C (59 °F)

Last edited:
Do you agree that there is a natural greenhouse effect. And that without these greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, the earth would be much colder, effectively a giant ball of ice?

So your saying we have a natural effect which through millennia has risen far far higher and fallen lower with no input from mankind . Glad we sorted that out

I wasn't; you were.

I am only talking about numbers, and what they mean in terms of real effects.
No you brought up 200pm as you obviously never plucked that number from fresh air but you clearly never read enough on Google to understand about CO danger levels

Sponsored Links
Back