Gerrard to escape clink....

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
pointless post then really!

by what measure? yours? well maybe... but that is not the internationally accepted standard. How about a new years resolution for you, not to be quite so disrespectful of others' views..... ?

by the measure of common sense. try using that before you stoop to insults. pot to kettle :rolleyes:

Thermo you can't measure common sense either.
It's all about opinion.... in your opinion you thought the post pointless, in mine it wasn't pointless.
It was a post designed to prompt a debate. And the comment at the bottom was a bit of fun (hence the wink) making reference to the legal nature of what i'd posted.
And you don't know anymore detail about the events than has been written or speculated in the press (unless you were there or have Gezza's mobile number).

And finally i didn't include an insult. I merely requested that you show a bit more respect for others' opinions, as you clearly just ignored mine.

Why thank you, very kind icon_biggrin.gif

Even more Pointless :rolleyes: ........... :)

thats my point, but i think the club coming out and saying theyll give him whatever support he needs to get through it, just doesnt sound right

Yep..but thats football clubs for ya..

Makes me laugh, you get kicked out and banned. normally til the end of the season if you dare to face the field of play with a drink in your hand, step on the pitch and it can be a life ban by some clubs, shout 'for ****s sake' if your defender passes the ball to the opposing striker and your out.

All this while watching drunken unproffesional overpaid, rapists, shopliters, coke sniffers, spit roasters, drunk drivers, (not firgetting those who have killed while behind the wheel), alcholics, wife/girlfriend bashers, frausters, thugs and god knows what else ...run around a football pitch while your paying their wages..

Welcome to the sanitsed world of double standard modern football.

by what measure? yours? well maybe... but that is not the internationally accepted standard. How about a new years resolution for you, not to be quite so disrespectful of others' views..... ?

by the measure of common sense. try using that before you stoop to insults. pot to kettle :rolleyes:

It's all about opinion.... in your opinion you thought the post pointless, in mine it wasn't pointless.
It was a post designed to prompt a debate. And the comment at the bottom was a bit of fun (hence the wink) making reference to the legal nature of what i'd posted.
And you don't know anymore detail about the events than has been written or speculated in the press (unless you were there or have Gezza's mobile number).

And finally i didn't include an insult. I merely requested that you show a bit more respect for others' opinions, as you clearly just ignored mine.

fair enough. part of the problem with internet communication. the written word can be interpreted in different ways by different people. My reply about a pointless post was tongue in cheek, but that got taken the wrong way too! Happy New Year

fair enough. part of the problem with internet communication. the written word can be interpreted in different ways by different people. My reply about a pointless post was tongue in cheek, but that got taken the wrong way too! Happy New Year

No problem Thermo, happy new year to you too.

If I were running a football club & one of my players was found guilty of such a crime, I would sack him.

If I were found guilty of such a crime, my bosses would sack me. Why so different for a football player?

If I were running a football club & one of my players was found guilty of such a crime, I would sack him.

So, if you were Tom Hicks or George Gillette you'd terminate the contract of your star player if he was found guilty of this offence?
Ignoring the feelings of the fans or the bank managers who hold the very considerable debt on the club, or the fact that he is probably worth about 40 million quid in the transfer market. Ignoring as well the fact that trophies would undoubtedly be a lot harder to come by without said star man than with him.

Some chairman you'd make!

As an aside, I live in Huyton where Gerrard and his family hail from, while not knowing them personally I know people who do, and none have a bad word to say about that lad or his family. Which is completely the opposite from a certain other well known player from this area.
I did once work briefly in his mum and dads house. I found them to be very nice people who live in a nice three bed semi which their son bought for them in a decent part of Huyton. I suppose he would have bought them a mansion anywhere they wanted, but I think the fact that they settled for what they did speaks a lot about them.
The only flash thing I saw in their home was a huge photograph of their son hanging in the air whilst scoring the first goal of Liverpools comeback against AC Milan. I don't suppose you can blame them for that.
I suppose the point I'm making is that if Gerrard is guilty, then in my opininion it would be an out of character occurence. Things like that can happen to most of us, and he should be dealt with. He shouldn't be crucified just because of his talent.

Sooey Wrote,

a photograph of their son hanging in the air. :eek:

Phew,,,that was swift justice,,, I thought his case was due in court later this month,,,, still, that's the quickest way to clear the backlog.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Back