Get FTSE Done - FTSE below 24th June 2016

Come back and say that on Jan 1st because until then nobody, including you, have a ****ing clue how it’s going to turn out. That is the nature of negotiating a deal. I'm willing to put my trust in our government, you seem to have put yours in the EU. We'll just have to wait and see.
Wrong -you are believing 4 years of brexit lies and propaganda.

I on the other hand am following the analysis of trade negotiation experts.

such as:
David Tinline ex senior advisor WTO
Peter Foster European editor Telegraph
David Henig TTIP veteran
Michael Dougan professor of European law
Anna Jerzewska trade consultant to UN and others
Holgar Hestermeyer International dispute resolution
Sam Lowe senior research fellow at CER.

So yes I do have a f****g clue

we do know how it is going to turn out -the type of brexit being negotiated determines the problems that are inevitable.

Also a government that is still campaigning pushing out an anti EU agenda, so it is refusing to be a part of any of the EU agencies.
There is a huge disconnect between business asks and government priorities

Sponsored Links
Now that brexit is done and the conservatives in with a comfortable majority, surely you need to find a new hobbyhorse?
you mean that the 4 years of brexit propaganda and lies has ended and the reality of brexit is just beginning so the truth will start to emerge
-you dont want to hear it or talk about it.

brexit until now has been only theory, well now we see it emerging in all its glory.

I dont suppose you want to talk about Matthew Elliott or all the connections that Tory ministers have with the Tufton street brexit think tanks either.

Wrong -you are believing 4 years of brexit lies and propaganda.

such as:
David Tinline ex senior advisor WTO
Peter Foster European editor Telegraph
David Henig TTIP veteran
Michael Dougan professor of European law
Anna Jerzewska trade consultant to UN and others
Holgar Hestermeyer International dispute resolution
Sam Lowe senior research fellow at CER.

So yes I do have a f****g clue

we do know how it is going to turn out -the type of brexit being negotiated determines the problems that are inevitable.

Also a government that is still campaigning pushing out an anti EU agenda, so it is refusing to be a part of any of the EU agencies.
There is a huge disconnect between business asks and government priorities

Who needs experts ffs?

So why is Bojo asking for the advice of experts on the Coronavirus?

Get Covid-19 done.

Currently they have informed Trusts to make their own individual plans to tackle the outbreak - no central co-ordination. It's so that they can wash their hands of it and blame the underfunded health service if things go pear shaped. Extra funding - nope.

Currently they have informed Trusts to make their own individual plans to tackle the outbreak - no central co-ordination. It's so that they can wash their hands of it and blame the underfunded health service if things go pear shaped. Extra funding - nope

It makes me really wonder how this govt will manage when the transition period ends. I dont think the cabinet have a scooby what is in store.

seeing Johnson speak at these COVID19 press conferences makes me realise he is a figurehead, good at campaigning, but I see nothing underneath, no skills at governance.

Sponsored Links
It makes me really wonder how this govt will manage when the transition period ends. I dont think the cabinet have a scooby what is in store.

seeing Johnson speak at these COVID19 press conferences makes me realise he is a figurehead, good at campaigning, but I see nothing underneath, no skills at governance.

He is great at Grandstanding, that's it. He is hollow.

'Experts' are always getting things wrong. With the dying off of leave voters combined with the young student first-time voters plus all the scaremongering that had supposedly made people think again wasn’t the government supposed to be crushed in the last election? The experts on that couldn’t have been more wrong. You can follow all the analysis you like, a deal is yet to be agreed. Until then, wait and see you follower.

'Experts' are always getting things wrong. With the dying off of leave voters combined with the young student first-time voters plus all the scaremongering that had supposedly made people think again wasn’t the government supposed to be crushed in the last election? The experts on that couldn’t have been more wrong. You can follow all the analysis you like, a deal is yet to be agreed. Until then, wait and see you follower.

FPTP skews results.

No Pollsters had Labour winning. Get brexit done where people living in bedsits voted Tory because Brexit needed to get done and the past 10 years was not the fault of the current Government - thats how the thinking goes.

As an anti-Brexer, I naturally moved most of my pension and other nest egg into European and International sectors....Lots of people rebalanced away from the UK when they saw the Brexit catastrophe looming. You think I didn't?

Christ, you must be at least 20% poorer today than you were at the beginning of the week. Dax down 12% IBEX35 down 14% and that’s just today’s loss. Dow Jones down quite a bit too. Where did you rebalance/move most of your pension and nest egg to Mr Soros? :rolleyes:

I reckon IVV is good at below 260, PGHY sub 20.5 (still pays 5% income) and QQQ is a good buy in, for those who can't afford the time to pick individual stocks.

IVV is broadly spread across the S&P 500, PGHY is a High yield junk bond. QQQ is Nasdaq high tech focused.

In terms of short term losses - I've stopped looking at my pension and portfolio. It will all bounce back.:oops:

I reckon IVV is good at below 260, PGHY sub 20.5 (still pays 5% income) and QQQ is a good buy in, for those who can't afford the time to pick individual stocks.

IVV is broadly spread across the S&P 500, PGHY is a High yield junk bond. QQQ is Nasdaq high tech focused.

In terms of short term losses - I've stopped looking at my pension and portfolio. It will all bounce back.:oops:

Short sharp shock is a buying opportunity, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with many of these stocks, perhaps a little realignment and rebalancing post corona.

I like Algo trading, they do double down.

Mottie is a great believer in selling at the bottom.

He still can't come to terms with the fact that moving out of UK before the Brexit calamity took hold was sensible.

He obviously pays more attention to the political speeches of Rees-Mogg and Redwood than to their true views.

LON: MIDD is a good buy now. FT250.

I bought some NASDAQ:ZM a while back - I wish I'd bought more. Its no surprise that video conferencing is booming.

Algos tend to be a problem in markets like this, it depends how you manage your stops losses. I think there will be margins in the short term if you can hold your nerve.

Last edited:
LON: MIDD is a good buy now. FT250.

I bought some NASDAQ:ZM a while back - I wish I'd bought more. Its no surprise that video conferencing is booming.

Algos tend to be a problem in markets like this, it depends how you manage your stops losses. I think there will be margins in the short term if you can hold your nerve.
Lol. I didn’t understand any of that - that’s why I have no stocks and shares! Cash, premium bonds, ISA’s, GAR pension for the last two years and property for me.

ETFs Exchange traded funds, are like unit trusts without the huge management fees. Say you have 5,000 to invest and want your investment to track the performance of the FTSE100 or the wider 250. Rather putting £20 in each of the 250 companies in the FTSE 250. you put your 5000 in an ETF that tracks the performance of the 250. You are buying a share of a share so to speak.

If you walk in to any hughstreet bank they will convince you to go 60-70% equity 10-20% bonds and 10-20% commodity depending on your risk profile. They will want 1-2% to join and 1% a year simply to do what you can do for < 1/2 a % via an ETF. You can use your stock ISA allowance to do this all tax free.

I'm about 40% stock & investments including pension, the rest is cash and property, still down several 100 over the last few weeks. I'm putting another 100 in over the coming weeks. Cash just rots in the bank

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back