Get in Fruit and Veg prices to go up - another Brexit win

Sponsored Links
WRONG

as usual

I guess Gant hasnt heard of WTO
What's wrong that they havent enough staff.
Do you think the produce coming from outside the EU only goes to Britain and not other countries uninspected.

Do you think the produce coming from outside the EU only goes to Britain and not other countries uninspected.

If the goods from outside the EU final destination is the EU then it has to meet EU standards.

If the goods are passing through then why do they need to meet EU standards?

I don't understand what you are arguing.

We are so pathetic we are not checking imports even though that is our responsibility.

you said:

Britain that's called for the inspections not the EU.

but Britain has pushed back the checks for incoming goods a number of times

the UK has not been doing checks for goods from EU (because hit has no infrastructure or staff to cope)

that contravenes WTO on non discrimination

Sponsored Links
you said:

but Britain has pushed back the checks for incoming goods a number of times

the UK has not been doing checks for goods from EU (because hit has no infrastructure or staff to cope)

that contravenes WTO on non discrimination
You mean they put the inevitable off, what surprises you about that.

You mean those standards where they haven't enough checkers in place?

A good made in the EU exported to the UK - who does the import checks?

A good made outside the EU comes to the UK via the EU - who does the checks?

Does the exporter meet their own standards or that of the country they are exporting to?

The EU checkers?

NO because it is meant for the UK so the EU will not check it as its for the UK.

It's just transiting through the EU.

Do the Egyptians check goods that transit through the Suez Canal that are destined for Europe?

NO because it is meant for the UK so the EU will not check it as its for the UK.

It's just transiting through the EU.

Do the Egyptians check goods that transit through the Suez Canal that are destined for Europe?
So you chose not to read the link I posted.
Fine.

So you chose not to read the link I posted.
Fine.

I did and it proves my point.

You really don't seem to understand who will do the checks.

But please explain who will do the checks on goods destined for the UK?

Of course he is. Doesn’t matter. I’ve screenshotted a few regular fruit and vegetables so we can see how they are affected by Brexit and not general inflation. @SirGalahad can add to these if he feels the need to.

View attachment 330896View attachment 330897View attachment 330898View attachment 330900View attachment 330901View attachment 330902
:unsure: I thought (according to Notch) that we were in the midst of the great tomato famine due to Brexit? Is Gally telling us that’s yet to happen? Good God!
A lot of the price rises will hit independent local wholesalers who supply local pubs and cafes and restauarnts so almost impossible to produce data, other the bleedin' obvious that more bureaucracy and paperwork adds to costs. Brexxers would be more honest if they said we don't care, it's just a reminder that we've taken back control and can do better deals with the rest of the world.

You mean they put the inevitable off, what surprises you about that.

So the UK will carry out physical checks on medium and high risk products entering the country from the EU which will push up prices by more than £500,000,000.

Is that what people voted for?

"From today, anyone exporting meat and dairy products to the UK will need to find a vet in the country of origin to fill out a seven-page form giving assurances that the product is disease-free. For plant products the same assurances will be needed but from a plant health inspector.".

Sure, or just sell their goods elsewhere with less hassle.

But please explain who will do the checks on goods destined for the UK?
Are you saying the EU will be free from checking standards.
If my eyes don't decieve me it says produce will have to have certificates.
Not much point sending stuff if it hasn't got a certificate.

Sponsored Links
Back