Get in Fruit and Veg prices to go up - another Brexit win

So the UK will carry out physical checks on medium and high risk products entering the country from the EU which will push up prices by more than £500,000,000.

Is that what people voted for?

"From today, anyone exporting meat and dairy products to the UK will need to find a vet in the country of origin to fill out a seven-page form giving assurances that the product is disease-free. For plant products the same assurances will be needed but from a plant health inspector.".

Sure, or just sell their goods elsewhere with less hassle.
Im not sure what your argument is do you not want standards.
Once it's bedded in the costs will reduce over time and we won't be wondering if a piece of triggers in that burger we're eating.
How's the thread going for you at the moment, you don't want to get it shut down yet?

Sponsored Links
Now I'm going to have to read all the label for all the details.
Oh come on! All you need to do is look at the country of origin. I do and I try to avoid produce from the EU to save those suppliers from all the 'aggro' of all that extra paperwork in selling it to us. Funnily enough, I don’t hear suppliers from other continents further away from Europe whinging about it, so they get my money.

This post was from before I started growing stuff for myself:

IMG_6045.jpeg

Im not sure what your argument is do you not want standards.
Yes, but the government are only doing it because the WTO insisted on it. And we are paying half a billion in increased food costs for the privilege.

So what you want is standards but don't like the governments way of upping standards.
I'll leave it there Denso don't want to get involved with you, we know how it ends.

Sponsored Links
So what you want is standards but don't like the governments way of upping standards.
I don't want unnecessary costs that we didn't have before. Part of the cost of taking back control I suppose.

Got to laugh at this...

“I’m hugely delighted at Brexit. We have our sovereignty back, we’re in control of our money, laws and borders" says Loathsome...

Problem with that is...

We were always a sovereign state when we were in the EU...

We always had control of 'our money' as we had our own currency...

We always made our own laws...

We always had control of our borders, whether we decided to use those controls or not...

Brexiteers are truly a cult of denial and proven liars !

Il y a quatre ans, le Royaume-Uni nous quittait. Tous les sondages depuis montrent le drame créé par le Brexit. Pouvoir d’achat, sécurité sociale, influence mondiale, protection des frontières : rien, absolument rien, n’a été un succès. Les populistes ont menti aux Britanniques.

Valérie Hayer; the president of the Renew Europe group in the European parliament

Last edited:
I'll leave it there Denso don't want to get involved with you, we know how it ends.
Upping standards ? How exactly?

Oh come on! All you need to do is look at the country of origin. I do and I try to avoid produce from the EU to save those suppliers from all the 'aggro' of all that extra paperwork in selling it to us. Funnily enough, I don’t hear suppliers from other continents further away from Europe whinging about it, so they get my money.

This post was from before I started growing stuff for myself:

View attachment 331432
It's going to be more than looking at countryof origin though.

Processes etc. Lots will be in small print.

This isn't a benefit is it. It's worse than before.

Who makes EU law?

Oh that's right, Sovereign States within the EU...

And those Sovereign States have the right to veto or negotiate opt outs...

Of course now the UK is out of the EU it has no say on those laws it has to abide by in order to trade with the EU...

Brexiteers in denial of the facts as always :rolleyes:

I do and I try to avoid produce from the EU to save those suppliers from all the 'aggro' of all that extra paperwork in selling it to us.
Mottie, you are not understanding how the Single Market works

the Single Market reduces trade barriers to far lower than the barriers the UK has always faced when trading with the rest of the world

now that the UK has left the Single Market the UK now faces the same trade barriers with the EU as it faces with the rest of the world

As an EU member the UK was able to trade without friction, it was possible to order any goods or export to any country in the EU as easily as buying from inside the UK

Sponsored Links
Back