Girl X and Boy Y.

Until 2016, joint enterprise meant that if two people set out to commit an offence (e.g. robbery), and while doing so, one of them commits a different offence (e.g. murder), both will be guilty of the murder, if they had foreseen the possibility that it might be committed. e.g. did you know he was carrying a weapon. As a result there are a lot of "murderers" doing life for other people's killings. Simply being part of a gang and present was enough.

The Supreme Court decided a higher bar was needed. it said that a person will only be guilty of a joint enterprise offence if they intended to encourage or assist the person who committed the offence to do it. In this case we see a documented plan which establishes encouragement, and assistance. Unfortunately this evidence does need to be heard by the jury. to convict Girl X of murder.

based on the news so far, I'm not convinced this murder would have happened if either of them hadn't conspired with the other.

Btw - you do have the right to silence.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just breaks my heart looking at her lovely smiling face.

Sponsored Links
victim seems to have provoked uncomfortable sexual desires in Girl X, Boy Y seems to be borderline special needs, though that could all be a distraction.

victim seems to have provoked uncomfortable sexual desires in Girl X, Boy Y seems to be borderline special needs, though that could all be a distraction.

Solicitors play on the aggressor have not a sound mind bla bla bla.

Anyone who can do that to another person cannot possibly have a sound mind.

There is clearly psychopathy but that is not grounds for having a diminished responsibility claim. Boy Y, might be able to pull this to some extend. Based on the forensics, I'd be included to think Boy Y did the killing egged on by Girl Y.

A clear joint enterprise.

Last edited:
Both of em are a complete waste of space

Dead beats and no hopers

Off to the next life for them ;) and good riddance to bad rubbish imo

Will be a life sentence, but does anyone really know what a life sentence is?
It seems to vary enormously between case to case.
My personal view, (taking into account there is no death sentence), is that minimum should be 30 years, regardless of how horrific it is, and then scaled upwards from there. No chance of parole within those 30 years unless fresh evidence comes to light that exonerate the person completely.

Sponsored Links
Back