Girl X and Boy Y.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

What lovely pieces of work these two are.

I can't see their defence holding up. Clearly this was a joint enterprise plot to murder another young person.

How does someone's head get round killing another person, because they don't like them.

The court has seen messages in which she told boy Y: "I just want her to die really bad" and "I want to see the pure horror in her face and hear her scream in pain."

In another she said she wanted to "keep part of its flesh and an eyeball. Really want one because they have pretty eyes."

:(

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Asked if there was a possibility boy Y would think she was being serious, she said "yes" but said she did not think he would bring a knife "because I knew he never took his knives out with him".
...because it's completely normal for a 15 year old to have a collection of knives. :confused:

I've followed this, and it's had me close to tears.

No words, just desperately sad for
Brianna and her family.

I hope these kids never see the light of day.

Sponsored Links
Apparently they had a list of potential victims, Brianna just happened to be the first.
Evil !!

Pretty dumb to document the plan, but helpful for the jury.

US tends to get it more right than us when sentencing. If the case linked to below had happened here, I wonder what the sentence would have been? 8 years out in 4 maybe?

I suspect the CPS are holding back the charges for conspiracy on the other potential victims on the list.

Is it alleged they were in cahoots?

I know that if I was out with a mate who started attacking someone, I would intervene.

If neither tried to stop the other, what does that say?

Girl X wrote a plan. outlining the murder. The plan was for boy Y to stab the victim in the back, while Girl X stabbed the victim in the stomach.
It makes a pretty decent argument for joint enterprise.

In fact it's one of the few joint enterprise cases where it doesn't feel unjust for the "bystander" to be co-convicted.

In fact it's one of the few joint enterprise cases where it doesn't feel unjust for the "bystander" to be co-convicted.
I doubt anyone could disagree, but how do you differentiate this case from any other 'joint enterprise killing' ruling?

In the UK there is no equivalent '5th amendment' defence as in the US...

So how do you actually get to the truth and avoid the pain that Brianna's family must be going through whilst preserving the law?

Sponsored Links
Back